Spectrasonics Trilian is a comprehensive and versatile virtual instrument dedicated to real-time performance of acoustic and electric basses, along with cutting-edge synth-bass tones. The instrument offers musicians and producers a large library of production-ready sounds, from deep earth-shattering synths and funky slap basses to meticulously sampled acoustic uprights. If you prefer to carefully craft your own tones, powerful synthesis features like FM, ring modulation, and polyphonic waveshaping, plus an enhanced arpeggiator provide you with even more controls for expanding the sonic palette of your productions.
The acoustic and electric basses are sampled at an extremely high level of detail resulting in a 34GB library. The combination of the software's automatic selection of legato and release articulations as the user plays along with the round-robin variations produce natural sounding basslines, especially in the case of repeated notes.
Multisampled dynamic slides let notes realistically slide from one to another, and each of the basses feature multichannel mixing between phase-locked microphone/amplifier and direct outputs of each bass. Over 60 different 4, 5, 6 and 8 string electric basses are presented in fingered, picked, fretless, slapped, tapped, and muted technique variations. The Acoustic Bass is the most detailed instrument Spectrasonics has ever released, with 4 audio channels and over 21,000 samples used to create the single instrument.
Powered by STEAM Engine technology, Trilian features core library integration with Spectrasonics' Omnisphere virtual synthesizer, allowing Trilian's sounds to be used within the Omnisphere environment for further sound design and keyboard/bass splits. Groove Lock for Trillian arpeggiators is also supported with Stylus RMX, with perfect synchronization between all 3 Spectrasonics instruments.
The Custom Controls interface on the Main page of each patch brings out the most useful and interesting sound modification controls for that specific patch, and a single control can even modify numerous parameters to create unique FX. The Custom Controls are all MIDI-learnable and automatable, and users can create their own configurations of Custom Controls.
For synthesizer sounds, the software features powerful and juicy 4-pole filter algorithms with oscillating resonance that are ideal for electronic bass. Hundreds of synthesizer sound sources were created using over 30 of the most coveted hardware synthesizers. Multiple powerful editing controls are available for sound design, including the FlexMod modulation system, dual filters with more than 19 filter types, 6 multistage looping envelopes, 6 fully featured LFOs, dual morphing modulation, FX racks with modulation, and much more.
Trillian is compatible with Mac and Windows. It runs as standalone software or operates within AU, VST, and AAX formats.
What's New in Trilian 1.5
Major Arpeggiator Update
- The arpeggiator has received a major update with all new creative tools, making it one of the most flexible arpeggiators ever.
- The many innovations include inspiring new Pattern Modes, Step Dividers, Pitch Slides, and the unique ability to have altered Chord Voicings and Chord Inversions per step.
- Also included is a new Arpeggiator Preset Library that showcases all the creative possibilities.
- You can now capture the MIDI data of the arpeggiator as a standard MIDI file, which can be dragged to any DAW for further editing
Expanded Synthesis Features
- Synthesis features were expanded with additional filter types, enhanced FM, ring modulation, doubled harmonia voices, and polyphonic waveshaping.
- Full FX modulation, double the amount of Mod Matrix slots, and new modulation sources have been added.
- The newly expanded sound library offers over 200 brand-new patches produced by Eric Persing and the acclaimed Spectrasonics Sound Development team.
- The 1.5 update also includes the new Trilian Creative library, a cutting-edge collection of Omnisphere patches specially designed for users who own Trilian.
- The new library features a large variety of patches to showcase the power of combining Trilian and Omnisphere 2.
- Trilian's richly detailed bass sounds can be dramatically transformed using Omnisphere's deep synthesis capabilities. The new patches offer a wide variety of sounds tailored for modern music producers.
- New high-resolution resizable user interface.
- New mini browser and full browser.
- New production/browsing features like Sound Match to instantly locate any related sounds in the library and Sound Lock to create useful patch variations by locking sound aspects while browsing other patches.
- Operates as standalone software
- Articulations for acoustic and electric basses include staccato, legato, sustain, vibrato, slide up, slide down, slide up and down, glissando up, harmonics, FX squeaks, X-notes, at multiple velocities with extensive round-robin
- Pitched-release sample triggering with up to 16 round-robin samples for ultimate realism
- Live Mode offers key switching approach for multiple articulations
- Stack mode allows user configurable key/velocity/controller mapping for custom patch zones and splits
- Custom Controls bring instant, useful and exciting synthesizer bass patch editing attributes right to the user's control
- Arpeggiator with Groove Lock for instant bassline syncing to any Stylus RMX groove or MIDI file
- Versatile bass virtual instrument with a high level of expressiveness for real-time performance of acoustic and electric basses including cutting-edge synthesizer bass tones
- Vast core library with over 34GB of bass sounds
- Includes over 60 electric bass sounds, including 4, 5, 6 and 8-string electric basses played by 6 different bassists
- Includes all types of playing techniques: fingered, picked, fretless, slapped, tapped, muted
- Acoustic bass with extremely detailed articulations built-in to each patch with over 21,000 samples
- Electric basses include 5-string Music Man Studio Bass, Clean Fender Jazz Bass, Epiphone Retro 60's Bass, Hardcore Rock 5-string, Lakland Rock P-Bass and Chapman Stick
- 333 synthesizer sound sources include sounds from the Novation Bass Station, Yamaha CS-80, Cwejman Modular, Moog Minimoog, Little Phatty, Voyager, Taurus Pedals, Korg MS-20, Oberheim 2 voice, ARP 2600, Roland Juno 60/106, Waldorf Pulse, DSI Mopho and Tetra, Roland TB-303, SH-101,
- Newly developed juicy and power filter algorithms, ideal for thick, resonant synthesizer bass sounds
- Enhanced and remastered versions of original Trilogy core library
- Bonus section of the remastered classic Bass Legends library featuring Abraham Laboriel, John Patitucci and Marcus Miller
- Powerfully simple interface design makes key features accessible to every user
- Custom Controls bring the most useful editing capabilities for each patch right to the front panel
- State of the art browser with searching, attributes/tags, images
- Advanced MIDI learn and automation parameter handling
- High Definition streaming sample playback STEAM Engine technology
- Integration with Omnisphere allowing Trilian patches to open inside Omnisphere for editing and live performance stacks (Omnisphere version 1.1 or later required for Trilian library integration)
- Edit page offers powerful sound manipulation features with dual filters, advanced envelopes and full modulation matrix
- 8-part multitimbrality allows multiple articulations in a single plug-in with instant seamless key-switching
- Expandable sound architecture allows user customizable patches and unique new Bass sounds
- Comprehensive integrated Reference Guide with search
- Free tutorial videos available online to registered users
- Integrated full-featured FX Racks just like those found in Omnisphere and Stylus RMX
- Over 32 original FX Processors covering the full spectrum of signal processing including amp simulators and compressors, EQ, reverb, delays, unique processors, and more
- FX can be modulated, automated, and MIDI Learn for powerful synthesis and real-time control options