The Kodak EasyShare Z981 IS Digital Camera gives you pro-like performance that's easy to use. Get outstanding shots in challenging and creative scenarios using Kodak's innovative Smart Capture feature, which automatically adjusts focus, flash, and exposure. But if you want more photographic control, the camera offers full manual control as well as aperture and shutter priority. Use the histogram display to make sure your image is perfectly exposed.
Even if your subject is far in the distance, the 26X optical zoom lens with a telephoto setting of 676mm will bring your subject in close. The image stabilization will help you obtain steady, sharp images when using this telephoto setting or in low light. But if you need to shoot a large subject in a tight spot, the 26mm wide-angle setting has you covered. The 3" LCD screen makes it easy and fun to frame your images. The screen is large enough for you to see all the details when reviewing the images you just captured.
If your subject is better captured in motion, this is still the perfect camera. Shoot 720p HD video at 30fps with sound. You can then edit your video in the camera and even pick out single frames to print or email. You can tell your story with still photos by creating a multimedia slideshow right on your camera. Select pre-loaded sound themes and insert transitions that will bring your photos to life.
Just press the Share button and tag your photo to YouTube, FaceBook, Flicker, and Kodak Gallery sites, or to e-mail. When you connect your camera to your computer, with the Kodak's Share button application, your pictures are automatically uploaded to the sites. The included EasyShare software also gives you the tools to organize your pictures with tags, star ratings, and date and time stamps. You can also reduce red-eye, improve lighting, remove wrinkles and blemishes, and add text.
- Portrait modes-Portrait, Night Portrait, Backlight, Self
- Landscape modes-Landscape, Night Landscape, Fireworks
- Bright scene modes-sport, beach, snow
- Action modes-Sport, Children
- Text/Documents mode-ensures sharp text when photographing documents
- Manner/Museum mode-use when sound or flash are not desired
- Program mode (P)-camera sets optimal shutter speed and aperture combination
- Aperture priority mode (A)-you choose aperture, the camera sets shutter speed
- Shutter priority mode (S)-you choose shutter speed, the camera sets aperture
- Manual mode (M)-you choose both the aperture and shutter speed
- Capture HD quality video at 30 fps with sound and on-camera editing
- Capture more video while using less memory with MPEG-4 compression
- Print multiple frames on a 4 × 6" prints-4, 9, or 16-up
- Save single frames and e-mail family and friends
- Mark special spots in your video with video bookmarking
- Organize your pictures with your own tags and star ratings then use the search feature to quickly find any picture in your collection
- Edit your pictures with ease-select from a variety of simple tools that reduce red-eye, improve lighting, remove wrinkles and blemishes, and add text
- Create personalized photo projects online or at home-choose from hundreds of templates and designs to create photobooks, cards, invitations, and much more
- Manually upload to YouTube, FaceBook, Flicker and Kodak Gallery sites, plus e-mail too