With premium optical elements, a rugged design, and a ranging reticle, the Recon R/T 15x50 Tactical Scope from Vortex is a full-featured monocular designed specifically for field surveillance and range estimating. The powerful magnification allows for detailed observation of distant subjects, while the large 50mm objective lens gathers abundant light. The optical path consists of extra-low dispersion XD lenses, fully multi-coated with Vortex XR anti-reflective coating, and phase-corrected prism glass for a vivid image, even in low light. A layer of ArmorTek guards exterior lenses from scratches, oil, and dirt.
O-ring sealed and argon-purged, the Recon R/T is waterproof and fogproof in any climate. Rubber armoring protects the housing and provides a secure and comfortable grip. There are 1/4"-20 threaded mounts on either side for a tripod or accessories, and the included Picatinny rail can be attached to it to accept a wide range of accessories. The stabilizing hand grip can be attached to either side. The eyecup folds up or down as needed to accommodate people who wear eyeglasses; it is also flared to block out light, and rotates so the flared edge can be used with either eye. A utility clip lets you hang the monocular on a belt, strap, MOLLE webbing, or pocket.
Highly accurate range estimates are possible with the R/T ranging reticle, which employs MRAD-based subtensions and a secondary quick-ranging system based on a human silhouette.
- XD lens elements: extra-low dispersion glass for maximum resolution, color, and contrast
- XR lens coating: lenses are fully multi-coated to enhance light transmission
- Phase-corrected roof prism: accurate viewing, compact design
Use and Handling
- Carry clip: versatile multi-position clip attaches securely to belts, straps, webbing
- Flared eyecup: blocks stray light – folds up and down for comfortable viewing with or without eyeglasses or sunglasses and rotates for use with either eye
- Ranging reticle with 0.5 and 1.0 MRAD subtensions and silhouette for size estimation
- Large knurled image focus wheel
- Smaller reticle focus wheel
- Waterproof & fogproof: housing is O-ring sealed/argon purged for all-weather performance
- Rubber-armored housing
- Attach included Picatinny rail or optional tripod to 1/4"-20 accessory mounts on either side
- Hand strap mounts on either side
- Flip-up objective lens cover, detachable rain/dust hood, soft case can attach to MOLLE webbing, straps, etc.