This is a matched pair of AKG C414 XLS Large-Diaphragm Multipattern Condenser Microphones, an industry staple that extends the renowned heritage of the C414 B-ULS. Equipped with nine selectable polar patterns, three attenuation levels, and three switchable bass-cut filters, the C414 XLS remains one of the most versatile condenser microphones for recording vocals, drums, and acoustic and amplified instruments in the studio or on stage. This microphone is designed to closely approximate the sonic character of the vintage C414 B-ULS while providing an updated and expanded feature set.
The 1" edge-terminated, dual-diaphragm transducer combined with the low-noise electronic circuitry provide a wide dynamic range of 134 dB and can handle SPL up to 158 dB, for a detailed, linear, and natural tone. With full immunity to electromagnetic and electrostatic interference as well as high tolerance to humidity, the C414 XLS is well suited to withstand the rigors of demanding studio, stage, and broadcast applications. Special features include a peak-hold LED to alert you if overloading occurs, and a lock mode that prevents unintended changes to the microphone settings. The package includes two shockmounts, two stand adapters, two windscreens, one stereo mounting bar, and a metal carrying case.
- Maintains the sonic character of the legendary C414 B-ULS
- 1" edge-terminated capsule with dual diaphragms sputtered in gold on one side
- Nine selectable polar patterns for every application
- 158 dB maximum SPL (-18 dB pad on)
- Switchable pad (-6, -12, or -18 dB) and low-cut filter (40, 80, or 160 Hz)
- Integrated capsule suspension to reduce mechanical noise
- Completely immune to electrostatic and electromagnetic interference
- All switchable components operate in low-impedance circuits for ultrahigh reliability even in extremely humid conditions
- Operates on 48V phantom power (accepts 44 to 52 VDC phantom power)
- XLR 3-pin output connector
- Includes metal carrying case, two shockmounts, two stand adapters, two windscreens, and a stereo bar