The Panasonic AG-HMC80 3MOS AVCCAM HD Shoulder-Mount Camcorder adds solid-state DV recording, XLR inputs, and an ENG form factor to the high-definition imaging capability of the popular AG-HMC40. At the same time, it maintains the smaller camera's bang-for-the-buck affordability by offering a laundry list of professional features unmatched in its class. Utilizing a highly efficient AVCHD codec to record stunning images to SD and SDHC memory cards, the AG-HMC80 gives you a wealth of shooting options, formats, and frame rates to give you exactly the look your application needs--whether that means weddings, events, educational, or even indie filmmaking. With this rock-solid unit perched on your shoulder, you'll have the professional stability--and versatility--every working videographer hopes for.
3MOS Sensor Technology
New HD Lens
12x Optical, 10x Digital Zoom
Optical Image Stabilization (OIS)
Dynamic Range Stretch
High-quality 10.6MP Digital Stills
Cine-Like Gamma Curves
High Bit Rate, Pro-Use PH Mode
DV Compression Recording Supported
Large-capacity SDHC Memory Card
Solid-state Recording Functions
- Shot Mark: To simplify shot selection, you can add a mark to the thumbnail images of each clip. You can then display and play only the clips that have shot marks.
- Pre-REC: This helps to ensure you always get the shot you want, by letting you continuously store, and subsequently record, images and sounds for three seconds before the REC button is pressed in standby mode.
- REC Check: You can check the end of the most recently recorded clip with one-touch ease.
- Last Clip Delete: Only the most recently recorded clip is deleted with this one-touch function, adding practical convenience to everyday operation. It can be assigned as a User button function if desired.
- Metadata Recording: The date, camera operator, location, title and other information can be added to the video data.
Three DV Screen Sizes
2.7" Wide-screen EVF/LCD Monitor
LCD Monitor Thumbnail View
Manual Focus Ring
Waveform Monitor Display
HD Focus Assist
Slow Shutter and Synchro Scan
XLR Line/Microphone Input
HDMI Output Terminal
USB 2.0 (Type B)
DV files can also be transferred via USB 2.0, when the camera recorder is set in AVCHD mode.