The Saffire PRO 14 from Focusrite is an 8-input/6-output FireWire digital audio interface with flexible I/O capabilities, suitable for home studio use or mobile recording. The interface is designed to make home studio recording and mixing easy without sacrificing audio quality. The unit features 2 award-winning Focusrite preamps, combined with a host of additional I/O options, that together allow the interface to get the tracks you want without having to constantly re-patch your studio.
Alongside the microphone preamps, 2 additional analog inputs, 4 analog outputs, and S/PDIF and MIDI I/O, open the door to true multi-track recording. Two Hi-Z instrument inputs let you plug guitars and other instruments straight into the interface without the need of additional DI boxes. Two virtual loopback inputs are available for routing digital audio between software applications, ideal for capturing online audio.
The included Saffire MixControl is an 18 x 6 DSP software mixer that enables you to create 6 separate mixes without latency and route any combination of input signals and sequencer outputs to any of the outputs. Intuitive one-click configurations help you track, monitor, and mix as quickly as possible. Also included is the latest version of the Focusrite Plug-in Suite, with compression, reverb, gating, and EQ VST/Audio Unit plug-ins.
Focusrite's Xcite+ bundle features Ableton Live Lite (for all your production, performance, and compositional needs), Novation's Bass Station soft synthesizer, the Midnight Plug-In Suite, and over 1 GB of royalty-free samples from Loopmasters.
The Focusrite Red 2 and Red 3 Plug-In Suite (AAX, Audio Units, VST) delivers accurately modeled plug-ins based on the classic Focusrite Red 2 EQ and Red 3 Compressor hardware. The plug-ins allow for conveniently exploring the sound of the hardware originals from within Pro Tools (10 and above), along with other audio software. The software is a free download for new and current owners of the Saffire PRO 14.
In addition to the Red 2 and Red 3 Plug-in Suite, the interface includes the Softube Time and Tone Pack. Modeled after the Drawmer 1973 FET Stereo compressor hardware, the Drawmer S73 Intelligent Master Processor is a plug-in that aids in balancing and shaping a mix. TSAR-1R Reverb adds space, depth, and width to a sound. Change settings with a single slider, from realistic three-dimensional rooms to dramatic and dreamlike halls. Tube Delay is an echo effect that can go from clean to rude by overdriving its three modeled-tube stages – delivering everything from realistic room echoes, to rockabilly-style slap back, to dub reggae echo. Saturation Knob is a modeled output distortion unit that adds grit and warmth – use it to fatten up bass lines, add some harmonics and shimmer to vocals, or simply destroy a drum loop.
8 Inputs and 6 Outputs
Low-Latency DSP Mixer/Router
Dedicated Headphone Bus
Focusrite Red 2 and Red 3 Plug-In Suite
Softube Time and Tone Bundle
Focusrite Plug-In Suite
- Includes compression, reverb, gating, and EQ VST/AU plug-ins, for use in the mix
- Each plug-in has a host of presets that provide a reasonable starting point, delivering suitable solutions for the chosen sound source - you can go on to finely tune these settings
- The compressor and gate have been modeled on the Focusrite's hardware devices, using the measurement of custom optical cells to achieve their signature sound
- All Focusrite "optos" are tuned by ear, just like in the old days of analog design, ensuring a faithful recreation of those classic vintage 1960s optical compressors
- EQ possess the same signature as the original Focusrite EQ curves, achieved using state-of-the-art numerical transform techniques to create an authentic response across the entire audible frequency spectrum
- The reverb is based on classic, algorithmic studio reverb designs
Xcite+ Software Bundle
- Ships on a DVD-ROM filled with royalty-free loops and samples, alongside some powerful applications, ideal for getting the new user started or to expand the experienced user's creative toolbox
- Ableton Live Lite 8 forms the foundation of this collection, providing the ideal platform to create, produce and perform music
- Novation's classic bass synthesizer, "Bass Station" enables you to create bass and 303-styled patches
- 1GB of royalty-free samples, exclusively compiled by LoopMasters, provides a selection of loops and samples large enough to satisfy the appetite of even the most demanding artist
- Windows XP, 32-bit Vista, Mac OS X, and Intel Mac compatible
Midnight Plug-In Suite
- Midnight EQ 4-band, full-parametric EQ with peaking and shelving plus low- and high-pass filters based on the ISA 110 hardware EQ
- Midnight Compressor with compression ratios of 1.5 to infinity, adjustable attack and auto/manual release, based on the ISA 130 hardware compressor