The black JBL Professional VPSB7118DPDA is a versatile, high-output powered 18" subwoofer with an installed DPDA input module well suited for professional installations such as performing arts facilities, theatrical sound design, auditoriums, houses of worship, live music venues, night clubs, sports facilities, and theme parks. The VPSB7118DPDA features a 3600W Class-I amplifier to power the JBL 2268G, 18" woofer with a 3" dual coil, which offers a frequency response of 39 to 145 Hz with a max SPL of 129 dB.
The loudspeaker comes installed with the DPDA DrivePack digital audio input module, which features AES/EBU digital audio with analog audio backup, digital signal processing, and multi-stage limiting. Other notable features include advanced signal processing and an on-board 100 Mb Ethernet networking switch with daisy-chain capabilities, allowing for remote control and monitoring via the HiQnet System Architecture software. Additionally, a rotary encoder switch provides array identification and box positioning with up to 99 different speaker positions within each of the 99 different speaker arrays or groups. The JBL VP7215/95DPDA includes a powerCON power cord.
- Powered 18" subwoofer loudspeaker system with JBL DrivePack technology for portable or installed use
- 3600W peak power, 1800W continuous.
- HiQnet compatible; network control
- 18" Differential Drive low-frequency driver for extended low-frequency output
- Stylized and ergonomically designed powder-coated die-cast aluminum handles
- Eight 3" fly track suspension points and 24 x M10 fittings (optional detachable flying fittings and forged eyebolt kits available)
- HiQnet system compatibility for use in conjunction with other Harman Professional audio products
- AES/EBU digital audio, 96 kHz sampling rate
- Analog audio input
- BSS Omnidrive HD signal processing with F.I.R./I.I.R. filters and LevelMax multi-stage limiting circuitry
- 100 Mb native Ethernet switch with daisy chain capability enables remote control and monitoring
- Fitted with both Ethercon connectors and XLR connectors; multiple signal path and connectivity options
- Ability to transport AES digital audio signals and Ethernet/HiQnet control over the same Cat5 cable and auto-sensing of array configurations based on Cat5 wiring format
- Auto detection of AES/analog audio signals with failsafe operation and redundancy modes for digital vs. analog audio signal path
- Mechanical encoder for pre-setting array identification and box positioning when PC or electricity are not available
- Speaker-specific device control interface panels for use within Harman’s HiQnet System Architect software
- Network connections: RJ-45 (Ethercon) for Cat5
- Supported audio format: analog and AES/EBU, AES3
- Network controllable level controls
- Remote-load monitoring
- User-accessible input delay