The Solo Strings II Upgrade to Full Library from Vienna Symphonic Library provides additional articulations and samples to the Solo Strings II virtual instrument (Standard Library required). Featuring the Violin, Viola, Violoncello and Double Bass, and performed by 4 soloists with many years of international concert work, the library provides instruments that are sensitive and clear, exact and homogeneous, technically perfect and utterly convincing in their musicality.
Apart from the entire sample library of the Horizon Series' Solo Strings Edition, this instrument contains many additional articulations such as muted short and long notes, crescendo and diminuendo variations, as well as Interval Performances like legato, portamento, and trills.
"Harsh" articulations are played with an especially raw, almost brutal attack and are available as superbly effective Interval and Repetition Performances. Furthermore, there are special Performance Trills, repetitions in spiccato and ricochet articulations, sustains with fading vibrato, ponticello, sul tasto and numerous natural and artificial harmonics.
The Vienna Instruments user interface is clearly arranged and includes pre-configured patches for immediate playability with no learning curve. The interface uses a powerful proprietary streaming audio engine that can load up to 3,456 articulations (patches) on one MIDI channel.
Load times are extremely low and 64 stereo voices per instance can stream from the hard disc. A RAM optimizing utilities clears unused samples out of RAM. Users can easily create their own instruments, using "drag and drop" functionality, and the instrument provides the ability for velocity crossfades and release control to be switched on or off in real time.
Requires Standard Library.
Articulations - Full Library
- Interval Performances - legato with medium, progressive, and without vibrato, portamento, marcato, spiccato
- Fast Interval Performances - legato
- Performance Trills
- Repetition Performances - legato, portato, staccato, spiccato
- Fast Repetitions - 16ths from 150 to 190 BPM
- Short Notes - staccato, short détaché, long détaché, 4 variations each
- Long Notes - sustains with medium, progressive, with without vibrato
- Dynamics - medium and strong crescendos and diminuendos with vibrato; fp, sfz, sffz, pfp with vibrato
- Artificial Harmonics - staccato, sustains