Chamber Strings I Upgrade to Full Library from Vienna Symphonic Library provides additional articulations and samples for the Chamber Strings I virtual instrument Standard Library (required). Featuring a Violin Ensemble (6 players,) Viola Ensemble (4 players,) Violoncello Ensemble (3 players) and Double bass Ensemble (2 players), the library provides instruments that are sensitive and clear, exact and homogeneous, technically perfect and utterly convincing in their musicality.
The small string ensembles present a full instrumental range, rich in nuances. With the help of enhanced performance algorithms, the ensembles' liveliness unfolds while playing these instruments. Tender or expressive, quiet or dynamic, light or energetic, the Chamber Strings exude their flair in intimate arrangements, either in chamber music compositions or in divided string groups.
Large string ensembles combined with the Chamber Strings are enhanced by additional nuances and a wealth of variants. Apart from the entire sample library of the Horizon Series' Chamber Strings Edition, the instruments contain many additional articulations, including "Zigane," the leisurely "smeared" portamentos, articulations with harsh attacks, harmonics, marcato performances, new repetitions and much more.
The Vienna Instruments user interface is clearly arranged and includes pre-configured patches for immediate playability with no learning curve. The interface uses a powerful proprietary streaming audio engine that can load up to 3,456 articulations (patches) on one MIDI channel.
Load times are extremely low and 64 stereo voices per instance can stream from the hard disc. A RAM optimizing utilities clears unused samples out of RAM. Users can easily create their own instruments, using "drag and drop" functionality, and the instrument provides the ability for velocity crossfades and release control to be switched on or off in real time.
Articulations - Full Library
- Interval Performances - legato, portamento, zigane (gipsy), détaché, marcato, spiccato
- Performance Trills
- Repetition Performances - legato, portato, staccato, spiccato, harsh
- Grace Notes - normal, slow, zigane
- Short Notes - staccato, long staccato, short détaché, long détaché, 4 variations each
- Long Notes - sustains with and without vibrato, espressivo
- Dynamics - various crescendos and diminuendos, with and without vibrato, fp, sfz, sffz
- Sustained tremolos
- Trills - normal and baroque trills, half tone and whole tone, crescendo and diminuendo
- Pizzicatos - normal, Bartók pizzicatos
- Natural Harmonics - sustains, glissandos
- Artificial Harmonics - staccato, sustains, repetitions