Woodwinds I Upgrade to Full Library from Vienna Symphonic Library provides additional articulations and samples for the Woodwinds I virtual instrument Standard Library (required). The complete virtual instrument features the four main wind instruments of the orchestra, namely the flute, oboe, clarinet and bassoon, as well as their corresponding ensemble formations, with three players per ensemble.
All the original players are top flight professionals and include Gisela Mashayekhi-Beer who was the solo flutist of the Zurich Opera orchestra and taught at the Bruckner University, Linz and at the Vienna Music University. Markus Deuter is the first oboist of numerous German orchestras and the clarinetist Daniel Hörth looks back on an international concert career with the Vienna Philharmonic, the Vienna Symphonic Orchestra and others. Martin Machovits, among other assignments, is solo bassoon player at the Vienna Radio Symphony Orchestra.
The solo instruments as well as ensembles contained in the Woodwinds I volume offer fast Interval Performances in legato and marcato styles, marcato Interval Performances in "normal" tempo, as well as Performance Trills. The solo flute and clarinet arpeggios include major, minor and diminished broken chords in legato and staccato styles. The solo flute's mordents and the French oboe's flutter tonguing are outstanding and the slow legato repetitions of the solo flute are also especially appealing.
The oboe in this collection is the French Oboe from the Horizon Series Library and therefore offers playing techniques with vibrato.
Articulations - Full Library
- Interval Performances - legato, marcato (fast and slow)
- Repetition Performances - legato, portato, staccato (crescendo and diminuendo)
- Flute 1, Clarinet Performance Repetition Upbeats
- Performance Trills
- Solo instruments Grace Note Performances - minor 2nd to octave, up and down
- Solo instruments Runs - major, minor, chromatic, whole tone (up and down)
- Flute 1, Clarinet Arpeggios - major, minor, diminished triads (legato and staccato; medium and fast)
- Flute 1 Mordents - legato and staccato, 12 variations
- Clarinet - glissandos
- Short Notes - staccato, short portato, long portato
- Long Notes - sustains with various attacks and vibratos
- Dynamics - crescendo and diminuendo in various note lengths; fp, sfz, sffz, pfp
- Trills - half tone, whole tone (crescendo and diminuendo)
- Solo Instruments Flutter Tonguing
- Ensembles Sustained Three-Note Clusters