The National Optical & Scientific Instruments Model 132-CLED Compound Microscope is a dual head microscope designed for use through grade 12. Defining the scope from other similar models, however, would be its cool running built-in LED illumination. LED illumination provides more light with a longer life (bulb rated at 50,000 hours) than standard 20 watt tungsten bulbs, and gives off virtually no base heat.
The Model 132-CLED's dual head design makes it ideal for sharing in the classroom, whether that be for a teacher to look on, or a for another student to share. Both the vertical and diagonal viewing tubes feature widefield 10x eyepieces with revolving pointers, while the vertical tube is inclined 30° for more ergonomic viewing. Both tubes also rotate 360°, thanks to being mounted on the rotating head.
The viewing tubes lead to the 3 DIN standard, achromatic, parfocalled, parcentered, and color-coded objective lenses. The lenses are 4x, 10x, and 40xR times, providing students with an array of choices for accurate specimen viewing. The objectives look down onto the movable stage, remaining fixed to prevent damage to the specimen slides or lenses. The tension adjustment also eliminates stage drift. Separate low position coarse and fine focusing controls enable students to see specimens without allowing them to go to far with focusing, due to the slip clutch.
- Widefield 10x eyepiece with revolving pointer. Accepts optional #965-160 eyepiece reticle
- 30° inclined viewing head rotates 360° for easy repositioning of eyepiece and sharing by more than one student
- Vertical tube has diopter adjustment, positioned low for easier camera mounting, using optional accessory #930-028 video c-mount
- DIN 4x, 10x, and 40xR objectives are achromatic, parfocalled, parcentered, color coded
- 3-hole nosepiece is ball-bearing mounted for more precise alignment, has positive click stops
- Built-in LED illumination, delivers greater light and longer life than standard 20 watt tungsten bulb. Virtually no base heat. 50,000 hour rated bulb
- Base mounted on/off switch, heavy-duty 3-wire cord
- Separate low position coarse and fine focusing controls
- Stage moves up or down, eyepiece and body remain fixed
- Slip clutch prevents damage to focusing system
- Tension adjustment eliminates stage drift
- Safety rack stop prevents damage to slides and objective lenses
- Large 4.3 x 4.75" / 110 x 120mm stage, with locked-on spring mounted stage clips, drilled and tapped to accept optional mechanical stage (Model 132-MS)
- Built-in 0.65NA condenser lens
- Calibrated 5-hole disc diaphragm
- Rugged cast metal, gray enamel finish
- Height: 13.5" / 340mm; Net weight: 6.8 lb / 3.1kg
- Vertical eyepiece 15.25" / 400mm