The National Optical & Scientific Instruments C1028 Inclined Monocular Microscope is a budget-friendly model, designed with high school use in mind. The C1028 features LED illumination, sharp optics, and safety controls. In addition, a 3-year limited warranty backs the life of the microscope.
The cool running LED illumination is rated up to 50,000 hours of use. It also makes viewing life specimens a possibility. Low position coarse and fine focusing controls make it easy to get the best image possible. Slip clutch and tension adjustments prevent damage to the system and eliminate stage drift respectively. Additionally, the safety rack stop prevents damage to slides and objective lenses.
The optics of the C1028 include a monocular 10x eyepiece with revolving pointer. This eyepiece sits on a 45° inclined head which rotates 360° for sharing by multiple students. The DIN standard objectives are 4x, 10x, and 40xR, resulting in 40x, 100x, and 400x magnification.
- Widefield 10x eyepiece with revolving pointer
- 45° inclined monocular viewing head rotates 360° for easy sharing by more than one student
- DIN standard 4x (0.10 N.A.), 10x (0.25 N.A.) and 40xR (0.65 N.A.) objectives are supplied for 40x, 100x and 400x magnification. All are achromatic, parfocalled, parcentered and color-coded
- 3-hole objective turret, ball-bearing mounted for smooth, precise changes in magnification
- Low position coarse and fine focusing controls
- Slip clutch prevents damage from over focusing
- Tension adjustment eliminates stage drift
- Safety rack stop prevents damage to slides and objectives lenses
- Cool running LED light rated up to 50,000 hours of life
- 110-220V power supply with removable cord