iOptron's Solar 60 60mm f/6 Achro Refractor GoTo Telescope is designed for nighttime and solar viewing, and imaging by providing users with a removable solar filter, a motorized and computer-controlled mount with aluminum tripod, and a 1.3MP eyepiece imaging camera to go with the optical tube assembly.
The Cosmic Orange Cube-E GoTo Alt-Az Mount is a functional, flexible, motorized, and computer-controlled unit that is ideal for most star gazing duties, yet sports a compact design that measures a mere 8x5x5" and weighs just 3 pounds. The dual-axis servomotors are built into a small single unit which is compatible with all telescope OTAs with a Vixen-style dovetail plate up to 7 pounds including accessories. The unique design eliminates "dead spots" enabling you to point your telescope to any point above the horizon without the risk of blocking the telescope tube at certain points of rotation. This mount comes with a 110 VAC adapter to power it if you're near civilization, but if you're heading off the grid it can run on eight user-supplied AA batteries. A backpack comes with the kit that holds the mount, tripod, optical tube, and all the accessories to make it easy to take with you if you head out to remote viewing locations.
Included with the mount is the GoTo Nova 8405 computer controller. This handheld unit features a 14000+ object database with 256 user-defined objects for your favorite celestial or terrestrial bodies. The easy-to-use menu-driven system displays on a 4-line 21-character back-lit screen. This fully GoTo-capable unit has automatic tracking for fast moving near-space objects such as the sun, moon and planets, and slower moving deep-sky objects like nebulae and galaxies. For set-up or manual use it has five slew speeds starting at 2x and going up to 4°/second. The GoTo Nova controller is powered by the mount to make use easier and simple while reducing the unit's weight.
iOptron Solar 60 60mm f/6 Achro Refractor Telescope with Solar Filter (OTA Only)
iOptron designed the Solar 60 60mm f/6 Achro Refractor Telescope with a removable front solar filter to allow the scope to be used for viewing the Sun with it on or viewing the night sky with it off. The filter blocks harmful UV and IR radiation while simultaneously reducing virtually all of the intense light across the entire visual spectrum from the sun, allowing for safe solar viewing of surface features such as sunspots and super granules. Optically, the OTA is engineered with a doublet achromatic lens system that is fully multi-coated to produce bright and sharp high-contrast images with accurate color rendition across a distortion-free field of view. The Solar 60 is offered here without a mount or tripod, but a Vixen-style dovetail plate is provided to be compatible with a wide variety of mounts.
- Use for white-light solar and nighttime viewing
- 60mm aperture
- f/6 focal ratio
- 360mm focal length
- Air-spaced doublet refractor design
- Achromatic lens configuration virtually eliminates chromatic and spherical aberration to produce images with accurate color rendition without distortion across the entire field of view, especially at the edges
- Anti-reflection fully multi-coated optics improve light transmission, image brightness, sharpness, color rendition, and contrast
- Resolution Power: 1.93 arc sec
- 1.25" rack-and-pinion focuser
- OTA only, mount and tripod required for proper use
- Vixen-style dovetail plate
- Weight: 3.6-pounds
- Solar Filter:
- Removable filter fits over dew shield and secures with three thumb screws
- Broad-band white-light filter
- Blocks harmful ultraviolet (UV) and infrared (IR) radiation
- Allows a safe amount of light to pass across the entire visible spectrum
- Reveals surface features such as sunspots and granulation
- Solarlite infused polymer for longevity and durability
- 1.25" diameter barrel accepts most astronomical filters
- 25mm focal length produces 14x magnification
- 1.25" snout fits most drawtubes and accessories
- 1.25" holder allows the use of most eyepieces and accessories
- 90° angle puts head in a comfortable viewing position when OTA is aimed at or near the zenith
iOptron iE1300 Electronic Eyepiece CCTV Imager
The iE1300 Electronic Eyepiece CCTV Imager from iOptron is a 1.3 megapixel camera that attaches to the focusing tube of a telescope. This plug-and-play astrophotography device is pre-loaded with the drivers needed to quickly have you viewing real-time images from your telescope on your computer screen. The iE1300 can be used with almost any telescope that accepts a 1.25" eyepiece. Simply insert the camera into the telescope focusing tube, connect the camera to your PC using the included USB cable, open the image/video capture program of your choice, focus the image using the dial on the camera, then you are ready to view the terrestrial/celestial sights with your computer screen and save photos and videos to your hard drive.
- 1.3MP CMOS sensor with 1280x1024 resolution
- 16fps frame rate at full resolution
- Works with any 1.25" focusing tube
- Auto-white balance
- 400-1000nm spectral response
- Compatible with Windows 2000, XP, Vista, Windows 7
iOptron 60mm White-Light Solar Filter
Designed for use on your 70-90mm aperture nighttime optical tube assembly for viewing the sun or solar eclipses, the iOptron 60mm White-Light Solar Filter fits over the front of the OTA's dew shield and is held in place with three thumbscrews. For longevity and safety the filter is made of an infused polymer material called SolarLite to ensure that it will not develop pinholes or scratches — and since it's rigid, it won't tear or puncture like film filters can. It has an optical density of 5 that transmits just 1/1000th of 1% of the harmful intense light from the sun to make it safe to view.
To ensure the filter will fit your OTA, simply measure the outside diameter of the dew shield — the filter's mounting ring has an inside diameter from 84-104mm so as long as the outside diameter of the dew shield falls in that range, it will fit. Remember to practice safe solar viewing techniques and never look directly at the sun without certified solar viewing glasses and equipment.