The angled-viewing Regal M2 80ED Spotting Scope from Celestron combines a high-transmission optical path with a nitrogen-filled magnesium-alloy housing to deliver reliable imaging performance at low light and in unforgiving weather conditions. At the core of the Regal M2 are fully multi-coated optics, including BAK4 prisms and an extra-low dispersion (ED) glass objective that minimizes chromatic aberration and maximizes light gathering. Multiple layers of Celestron's proprietary XLT coating on each lens preserve brightness and transmit contrast-rich images to the eyepiece.
This version of the Regal M2 spotting scope includes a 20-60x eyepiece that is ideal for intermediate- to long-range glassing. The broad magnification range, comfortable 20mm eye relief, and twist-up rubber eyecup make this zoom eyepiece well suited for long-duration observations. The scope's standard 1.25" eyepiece mount will accept most astronomy eyepieces, which enables a near-infinite number of optical configurations.
Complementing the image quality and weather-sealed construction of the Regal M2, several features enhance the scope's functionality and observer's user experience. An included T-adapter ring permits DSLR camera mounting to the objective assembly, transforming the 80ED into a high-transmission digiscoping platform. The rotating tripod collar has a 1/4"-20 mounting socket and is detented at multiple positions to provide the observer with alternate viewing orientations. A sliding sunshade, sighting aid, and dual-focus mechanism equip the Regal M2 with the functionality needed for a wide range of outdoor glassing applications.
- 20-60x eyepiece magnification
- 80mm objective, 480mm focal length
- Fully multi-coated optics, XLT anti-reflective coating
- Extra-low dispersion (ED) glass objective lens, BAK4 prisms
- 110-52 ft (33.5-15.8m) field of view at 1000 yd
- 20mm eye relief, 4.0-1.3mm exit pupil
- 21.3 ft (6.5m) close-focusing distance
Use and Handling
- Dual-focus mechanism with coarse/fine adjustments
- Rotating and locking tripod collar, 1/4"-20 socket and mounting foot
- Compatible with 1.25" astronomy eyepieces
- Angled-viewing eyepiece, twist-up rubber eyecup
- Included T-adapter ring for digiscoping with DSLR
- Sliding sunshade for shielding stray light
- Sighting aid for faster subject acquisition
- Stay-on protective carrying case with zippered access
- Nitrogen filled for fog and waterproof performance
- Magnesium-alloy housing
- Thread-on, metal eyepiece cap
- 56.7 oz (1.6kg) weight