Lighting/Sound Bundle from Call Box includes Lighting for Film and TV and Sound for Film and TV.
Lighting for Film and TV
Emmy award-winning producer Barry Green, joined by DVXuser's David Jimerson, takes you through what you need to know to achieve great lighting in your own projects. Through detailed instruction, tongue-in-cheek sketches, and hands-on demos, they'll show you the fundamentals of cinematic lighting and how you can use light as a paintbrush to tell your stories like the pros. Learn just the right look, exposure and feeling. With nearly 6 hours of detailed instruction, you'll learn about:
• Avoiding the most common mistake
• Three things which will get you 80% of the way to good lighting
• Understanding shadows and hard and soft light
• Understanding exposure and how to know you're getting it right
• Lighting technique
• Setting a mood and meeting artistic goals
• Professional lighting fixtures and gear
• And much more
Sound for Film and TV
Through detailed explanation, hands-on demonstration, and tongue-in-cheek cinematic illustrations, Barry Green and Matt Gettemeier guide you through fundamentals for getting great sound in your film or television project.
The instructors will get you on your way to professional-sounding audio, from two very simple but extremely important recording techniques which will solve nearly 80% of your audio problems, to choosing the correct microphone for your project and the right way to handle your microphones on set, to building a basic audio kit and using it properly.
Finally join DVXUser moderator David Jimerson as he explains the basics of audio post production. With over two and a half hours of instruction, "Sound for Film and Television" is your first step toward achieving great audio.
Topics covered include:
• Avoiding the most common mistakes
• The two simplest techniques to get you the best audio
• Understanding microphones and how to choose the right one
• Boom handling and recording techniques
• Audio Kit accessories
• Choosing a great location and how to manage its audio
• The basics of creating an effective audio edit
• And much more