Designed to provide a multitude of easily-combined effects at the tap of your toe, the MS-70CDR from Zoom is a stompbox sporting delay, chorus, reverb, and more. It features 86 custom effects, allowing you to combine six of them at once, and sports terminals that can handle the signals of guitars, basses—both active and passive—as well as line-level keyboards. Its LCD screen is designed to be visible in low-light situations.
Up to six effects can be instantiated in tandem, arranged in whatever order you desire. To store your custom-tailored effects, there are 50 on-board patch-memory slots. Furthermore, an Auto Save function will make sure that any edit you make to any preset you've created will, as the name suggests, be saved automatically.
You can cycle through 26 patches in any order you choose, thus satisfying your inevitable wish—if you've ever interfaced with a giant pedal board—to simply single-stomp your way through an entire set-list. If recording is on the agenda, the MS-70CDR offers dual line-output jacks, and thus, allows you to route the byzantine effects of your own creation in stereo. An on-board chromatic tuner and tap-tempo feature are also provided.
- 86 guitar and bass effects, including modulation, equalization, delay, and reverb
- Up to 6 effects can be used simultaneously, in any order
- 50 memory locations for the storage of user-created patches
- 40 preset patches
- Patch cycling
- Onboard chromatic tuner supports all standard guitar and bass tunings, including open and drop tunings
- Tap Tempo for synchronization of delay times or modulation rates
- Auto Save function for automatic saving of all patch parameters
- Mono and stereo operation
- Two 1/4" input jacks for active and passive instruments
- Two 1/4" output jacks
- Backlit LCD with contrast control for easy viewing in low-light environments
- USB port for power and firmware updates
- Comparably lightweight at 12.7 oz
- Fits into any existing pedalboard
- Runs on 2 AA batteries, with alkaline battery life of up to 7 hours