Orders placed after 4PM on weekdays will not ship until the next business day. Orders placed after 11AM Fridays will not ship until the following Monday.
Faster shipping methods may be available; just upgrade during checkout.
*Some exclusions apply.
Enter new zip code to refresh estimated delivery time.
The R6250 Smart WiFi Router from NETGEAR features enhanced dual band functionality operating on both the 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz frequencies. This dual band functionality allows you to utilize the slower 2.4 GHz frequency for standard internet tasks such as email and web browsing, while allocating the more data intensive tasks such as streaming HD content and gaming to the less congested 5 GHz frequency. Aside from dual band functionality, you also benefit from enhanced AC1600 WiFi compatibility providing enhanced wireless data transfer speeds up to 1300 Mbps.
The R6250 WiFi router comes with a variety of features improving your network experience. NETGEARs genie home networking app is compatible with a variety of devices running Windows, Mac, iPhone, iPad, and Android greatly simplifying the network setup process. You can also setup and maintain your network via the integrated WPS as well as implement live parental controls and guest network access keeping sensitive data within the network safe and secure. Once configured, you can also enable WPA/WPA2 encryption standards further enhancing network security.
Beamforming+ For More Reliable Connections
• Focuses WiFi signals from the wireless router to WiFi devices like smartphones, tablets, and laptops
• Automatic signal management checks with your device to keep the WiFi signal at its optimal strength
• Designed for home environments to support multiple WiFi device connections for improved quality
• Extends WiFi coverage, reduces deadspots, and boosts signal strength
NETGEAR genie Home Networking
• Simple to install - no CD required
• User-friendly dashboard to monitor, control, and repair your home network
• Connect smartphones and tablets to your network by scanning a QR code using EZ Mobile Connect
• MyMedia app - use your smartphone to find and play media remotely on any DLNA device
• AirPrint - print on any USB printer from your iPad or iPhone
• Live Parental Controls, guest network access, broadband usage meter, one-click fix for common network issues and more
• PC, Mac, iPhone, iPad, and Android compatible
Take advantage of enhanced data transfer speeds up to 300+1300 Mbps. Integrated 11ac WiFi and dual band technology provide expanded coverage with Gigabit wired and wireless connectivity.
The NETGEAR R6250 Smart WiFi Router comes equipped with high-power amplifiers providing expanded WiFi connectivity.
Find photos, videos, and music and more stored on a shared USB hard drive and enjoy them from a variety of devices throughout the network.
Simultaneous Dual Band WiFi provides two separate WiFi networks, 2.4 GHz for legacy devices and 5 GHz providing reduced interference. The advanced QoS technology provides higher priority for media streaming application for smoother HD video streaming and low-latency online gaming.
Ease of Use
Manage your network with NETGEARs genie App. Take advantage of a personal, icon-based dashboard that can control and monitor all of your devices. Or, use Push 'N' Connect to add devices to your WiFi network with a push of a button. In addition to the genie App, you benefit from a simple browser-based installation with no CD making router installation easy using an iPad, tablet, smartphone, or computer.
Limit access to certain web sites at certain times. Guest networks create a completely separate WiFi network for guest devices, ensuring they do not have access to your home network or to the shared USB hard drive. Secure WiFi connections offer enhanced WPA/WPA2 encryption standards.
5 x 10/100/1000 Gigabit Ethernet ports with auto-sensing technology
1 x USB 3.0 port
2.4 GHz / 5 GHz
Dual core 800 MHz processor
128MB flash, 256MB RAM
Microsoft Windows 7, 8, Vista, XP, 2000, Mac OS, UNIX, or Linux
Microsoft Internet Explorer 5.0, Firefox 2.0, Safari 1.4, or Google Chrome 11.0 browsers or higher
Use laptop with 3x3 300 Mbps adapter like Centrino 6300/5300, or 802.11ac adapter like NETGEAR A6200 for maximum performance