Avid MC7 Interplay, Symphony Bundle/Nitris DX AVC-Intra, HPZ820, Elite Support features an HPZ820 workstation running Windows 7 Professional 64-bit, and runs Media Composer 7. The software is a single license, electronic download of the 64-bit non-linear editing system. The included Nitris DX hardware unit features one year of Elite support. This version is compatible with available Avid Interplay solutions, allowing it to interface with your existing Interplay system. It also includes the Symphony plug-in, and the Avid Artist Color Control Surface. After purchase, you receive two activation cards, one for MC 7 and one for Symphony. The software must be registered with Avid before use, and it can only be registered on one computer at a time. Media Composer 7 allows you to work with most file formats and resolutions, including SD, HD, stereoscopic (3D), and resolutions above HD, using ACE certified editing tools. It also features built-in effects, transitions, and titling tools. With Media Composer 7, you can mix and match different formats, frame rates, and resolutions in the same timeline without rendering. Media Composer 7 features Full 4:4:4 HD RGB support, color correction tools, and ProRes encoding (Mac version only.)
Featuring built-in support for stereoscopic/3D footage, Media Composer 7 is a full-fledged stereoscopic editing system. It is also compatible with a wide range of effects plug-ins. It features a multicam editing mode for cutting between 9 cameras simultaneously. For audio support, Media Composer 7 features built-in 7.1 surround sound support and audio mixing of up to 64 audio voices. It also features improved audio keyframing on the timeline and supports Pro Tools RTAS plug-ins. It supports available Avid and non-Avid hardware I/O cards and devices and comes bundled with Avid FX (Boris RED), Sorenson Squeeze, and AVID DVD, which allows you to author DVDs.
The Symphony option adds advanced color correction tools to Media Composer 7. These tools allow you greater control over your image and more flexibility and speed in completing the color correction process. It also includes Boris Continuum Complete for more advanced visual effects work.
The Artist Color from Avid is a compact color correction panel. The panel's three trackballs and three trackwheels, are high-resolution and optically encoded. There are also six rotary encoders for additional settings for up to four different color correction grades at one time, using individual buttons to copy and paste. Additionally there are nine programmable soft keys that can be assigned two functions each. The Integrated OLED display updates automatically with the chosen application, displaying parameter names and values. The Artist Color control surface can be combined with other control surfaces in the Artist series for additional controls, and the modular design allows you to customize your control panel layout.
The Nitris DX performs real-time encoding to AVC-Intra, it also provides hardware acceleration to your system when handling files encoded as AVC-Intra, HDV, DVCPro25 and XDCAM EX. This frees up your system's CPU and GPU resources for other tasks including playback and effects rendering. It features SD/HD SDI, SD/HD component, composite, and S-Video I/O connectors. It also features HDMI out for monitoring. It supports ref sync in/out, Longitudinal Timecode (LTC), and Wordclock for digital audio sync. This purchase includes the optional AVC-Intra board that adds full frame 3D (stereoscopic) I/O and monitoring.
Compatible with Avid Interplay
What's New in Version 7
Runs as a separate service on your system, working in the background so it doesn't interfere with your editing and it can run even when the Media Composer application is not running. You can automatically execute actions that you assign to the folder's profile. These actions include:
- Transcode files placed in the folder to a specified resolution.
- Copy files to a specific location.
- Consolidate files.
Managed AMA Media
AMA Media is now tracked and can be loaded into Bins and the Media Tool, and in Avid interplay (if installed).
Background services such as AMA Media and Dynamic Folders run in the background and can now be started and stopped from both outside and inside the edit system interface.
Media Composer 7 supports non-destructive addition of 1D and 3D LUTs (Look Up Tables) for making quick adjustments to you image. This is extremely useful when working with RAW footage, which tends to appear washed out, and allows you to work with your footage in a familiar color space, such as REC 709, and still make final color corrections later.
Audio gain can now be adjusted on a clip-by-clip basis in the timeline.
You can now highlight AMA clips used in the timeline in red, so you can tell which clips on your timeline are not playing back in Avid's native file format.
You no longer need to use a modifier key to use the mouse scroll wheel to navigate.
The 64-bit architecture of Media Composer provides more processing power, larger editing bins, and a smoother editing experience with less waiting than with a 32-bit system.
Media Composer works as a standalone software editor, but it will also interface with available Avid I/O devices and control surfaces to expand the capabilities of your system. Additionally, using Avid's Open I/O, select third party I/O devices from AJA, Blackmagic Design, Bluefish444, Matrox, MOTU, and Mbox can be used with Media Composer.
With support for 4:4:4 HD-RGB color and DNxHD 444, you can work with virtually any media, from analog to the latest formats and codecs, while preserving the full-quality color detail from beginning to end.
American Cinema Editors Certified
Media Composer 7 offers ACE-certified editing tools and a wide range of features, workflows, and options.
Flexible and Powerful
Media Composer enables you to work the way you want. Trim and manipulate on the fly using the Smart Tool or perform ultra-precise edits using traditional tools. Mix and match media formats, frame rates, resolutions, and more in the same timeline without rendering. You can edit HD material in real time -- in mastering picture quality -- using Avid DNxHD or DNxHD 444.
Edit stereoscopic 3D material as quickly and easily as you do with standard 2D footage. Capture, edit, and manage the complete 3D end-to-end workflow. In addition, you can mix and match 2D and stereoscopic 3D clips on the same track, and it features full-fledged editing tools and video effects for stereoscopic postproduction.
It features a multicam mode, allowing you to edit with footage from up to 9 camera positions at the same time. Multicam now supports long GOP codecs such as XDCAM.
Media Composer 7 features an advanced 10-bit color corrector that allows you to accurately match colors from shot to shot using NaturalMatch. It supports 4:4:4 HD-RGB color space processing with keyframable color correction.
Relink Clips Using Common Metadata
With advanced relink support, you can dynamically reconnect clips to the original or new media using a wide variety of common metadata fields.
With the new hardware release control, which works with Avid and third-party I/O hardware, you can activate/deactivate your hardware -- without disconnecting it -- to access software-only features, such as full screen playback mode and audio project settings options. You can also share your third-party hardware and monitor between Media Composer 6.5 and other applications without quitting or rebooting the software.
Advanced Audio Keyframing
With audio keyframe enhancements, you can now copy, paste, cut, move, and adjust audio keyframes -- including groups -- anywhere on the timeline. You can even delete hidden audio keyframes that can occur as you trim a clip.
Mix Up to 64 Audio Voices
Monitor more complex soundtracks with support for up to 64 audio voices. Combined with robust audio tools, 7.1 surround sound and RTAS plug-in support, and unmatched integration with Pro Tools.
Avid Media Access
Avid Media Access (AMA) allows you start editing immediately, without transcoding media to the DNxHD, the native Avid file format. This allows you to mix and match different formats, resolutions and framerates on the same timeline and edit as if all the files had the same resolution, file format and frame rate. AMA files behave the same as AVID DNxHD files, allowing you the flexibility to work with almost any file type with minimal performance sacrifices. You can also select edited clips in the timeline, and have them rendered to Avid's native file format. MC 7 will automatically update the clips when the background transcode is complete.
Avid Media composer allows you to work with SD, HD, 2K, 4K, and 5K resolution.
,br> Supported File Types
Arri Alexa MXF, RED (Epic, Scarlet-X, Red One), AVCHD, ProRes Quicktime, XDCAM, P2, Canon XF
You can use AMA to export files back to the media's original source format for archiving or final delivery.
AMA Volume Export
You can create AS-02, JPEG 2000, DNxHD, AVC-I, and other file-based media volumes for roundtrip workflows, sharing, or archiving.
Edit titles directly from the timeline and automatically relink to all AMA QuickTime files.
Media Composer 7 supports AS-02/AS-11 MXF formats, which allows you to manage multiple versions of the same sequence without duplicating assets, saving storage space. You can also move content between Avid and other systems that support AS-02/AS-11. Use JPEG 2000, DNxHD, IMX, AVC-Intra, and uncompressed media in your AS-02/AS-11 workflow.
Master-Quality Archives with JPEG 2000
Encode and decode sequences -- in mastering quality -- using the JPEG 2000 codec, which helps preserve the quality of archival content.
Set and Output AFD Sequences
Active Format Description allows you to select image settings that carry display information in the output file. This information can be used to protect the way your project is displayed, even if down converted or displayed on a device with a different aspect ratio.
Avid FX (Boris RED)
Add visual drama and depth with the built-in 2D and 3D effects, title tools, transitions, keying, and motion effects. Track and stabilize motion.
Avid DVD and Sorenson Squeeze
You can author DVDs and optimize media for high quality playback -- online or on disc. Author professional DVDs using Avid DVD, which works with Windows-based systems and Windows emulation on the Mac. With Sorenson Squeeze, you can optimize content in a variety of formats, including HD, DVD, MPEG-2, MPEG-4/H.264, Flash, and 3GPP.
Media Composer 7 integrates with Avid Marketplace so you can browse for stock footage, plug-ins, hardware, and training videos without opening another program.
Media Composer 7 allows you to share audio mixes with Pro Tools editors and vice-versa using AAF.
- HSL Tools - allow you to define the luma ranges of highlights, shadows, and midtones within an image.
- Level Group - are Histogram based controls that provide precise control over the entire image, or over individual color channels.
- Level Group - can redefine each output color channel by blending input color components in various proportions. You can also use this to view each channel in monochrome, allowing you to identify color deficiencies in each channel.
- Secondary Color Correction Tools - allow you to isolate vectors and remap different hue and satuaration levels.
- Relational Color Correction - allows you to color correct one clip, and automatically apply the same changes to every use of that same clip in the timeline.
- Merge Color Corrections - color corrections made in one version of a sequence can also automatically be applied to clips in other versions.
Boris Contnuum Complete
Artist Color Interface
Control Panel and Functionality
Note: See Specifications for information on software version compatibility with EUCON Protocols.
Trackballs and Softwheels
Trackwheels and Soft Keys
Rotary Encoder Knobs and Page Buttons
The Page buttons work with the 6 rotary knobs and if supported by the specific application allow for assigning additional "pages" of controllable parameters that can then be "paged" through - forward or back.
Copy/Paste Grade Buttons
HUI and Mackie Control Protocol
Note: Not all Eucon functionality may be available using HUI and Mackie Control Protocols.
Nitris DX AVC-Intra
Real Time Encoding
- Dual Link support, RGB capture, composite, and S-Video I/O.
- Supports ADAT, XLR, 1/4", RCA analog, AES, S/PDIF.
- All outputs are always active, for simultaneous synchronized audio and video on all connections.
- Input audio pass-through mixing allows you to monitor the input audio without affecting the capture into Media Composer.
HD Anamorphic Support
- Cross-convert between 720 and 1080 formats
Down-convert or up-convert between HD and SD formats.
- Nitris DX allows you to capture and output ancillary data, such as closed captioning and AFD.
- 24-frame SD workflow with Advanced Audio pull-down support for multiple audio sample rates with high-quality sample rate conversion on digital inputs.
- Sync to different video and digital audio clocks, including Black Burst, Tri-level, AES, and S/PDIF.
- Clock your audio output to a digital router while capturing video.
- The Nitris DX unit features two internal slots for compression/decompression (Codec) cards. It ships with an AVC-Intra card installed in each slot. This allows the Nitris DX to offer real-time, full frame stereoscopic (3D) support, with simultaneous left and right eye input, output and monitoring.
- Installing an optional DNxHD card allows your Nitris DX to encode, decode, and accelerate both AVC-Intra and DNxHD. However full frame I/O and monitoring requires that both codecs cards be the same.
- The unit is scalable, which allows it to support future formats, protocols, connectivity, and emerging technologies.
- Code Blue Support - available when you need help solving a mission critical problem.
- Advanced Exchange - which entitles you to have Avid ship you replacement hardware for your Avid part, before Avid receives your original hardware.
- Health Checks - One complimentary health check per year for qualifying customers (non-qualifying customers receive 40% discount on the cost of a health check.)
- Customer Champion - at Avid's discretion qualifying customers, will be assigned a personal contact throughout the life of your service contract.
- On-site support - available at Avid's discretion. On-site support is not available in all locations.