By B&H Photo's
If you're looking for a fast and flexible wide-angle cine zoom for your full-frame cinema camera, the flagship FE C 16-35mm T3.1 G E-Mount Lens from Sony features a constant T3.1 aperture with consistent performance throughout its 16 to 35mm zoom range and provides high-quality imagery in low-light conditions. You can operate the zoom manually or use the detachable servo unit to help create dramatic fast or slow zooms with ease. It can also be controlled by a compatible camera's handle or an optional external grip zoom. The lens's constant T3.1 maximum aperture throughout the zoom range means consistent exposure as you change focal lengths in a scene, so you don't have to re-light just to get enough exposure when zooming in.
Cine Style Zoom
The FE C 16-35 features a true cine design with its 0.8 MOD gear and 114mm lens diameter to fit standard cine follow focus units, lens motors and matte boxes. Wide-angle zoom designed for full-frame E-mount cine cameras, this lens is also compatible with full-frame cinema cameras such as the PXW-FX9. The constant T3.1 maximum aperture throughout the zoom range means consistent exposure as you change focal lengths in a scene, so closeups don't have to be relit just to get enough exposure.
Organic Look with Fine Detail
- Rounded 11-blade diaphragm contributes to a pleasing bokeh with smooth focus fall off.
- Two extra-low dispersion elements reduce chromatic aberrations
- Two XA elements and three aspherical elements significantly control spherical aberrations for a high degree of image sharpness and clarity.
nano AR Coating
- A nano AR coating has been applied to reduce surface reflections, flare, and ghosting for increased contrast and color rendering in strong lighting conditions
- Compare the clarity and contrast of the image on the right taken with the nano AR coating versus the image on the left without the nano AR coating.
- Push/Pull AF/MF is easier than trying to find a button or switch while shooting, merely grab the ring and push it forward for AF or pull it back for MF, no need to fumble about or take your eye off the viewfinder to change from AF to MF and back again
- The focus ring provides 120° rotation with fine control, and distance is marked in feet
- The Linear response manual focus and Enhanced Hybrid autofocus offer quick, quiet, and precise focusing performance to suit cine applications
The included detachable servo unit provides comfortable fingertip control for smooth, gradual zooms suitable for a slow-moving drama or promotional video. Servo and manual control are switchable by the button on the lens unit, and while set to servo you can control zoom via camera's handle or grip zoom.