With an eye for the discerning nature enthusiast, the Pentax 10x43 Z-Series ZD ED Binoculars features multiple optical technologies to improve the image quality and ensure accurate colors in all weather and lighting conditions.
The image enhancement starts with hybrid aspherical lens elements and extra-low dispersion (ED) glass. The aspherical elements eliminate distortion around the edges of the lenses for clear edge-to-edge views and correct lens astigmatism that can prevent the ability to bring subjects into sharp focus. ED glass corrects for chromatic aberration to ensure colors are accurately rendered. Anti-reflection fully multi-coated optics maximize light transmission through the entire optical path to make views appear bright and crisp, especially in low light. Finally, the BAK4 roof prisms are phase corrected to enhance contrast and further correct chromatic aberration. These technologies work together to produce bright and clear high-contrast images with accurate colors and virtually no distortion.
Complementing the optical performance is a housing that is built for a lifetime of rugged outdoor use. The chassis is made of a lightweight and durable magnesium alloy with a rubberized armor that protects against impacts while providing a slip-resistant grip. The optical tubes are nitrogen filled for fogproof performance and O-ring sealed to make the binoculars submersible to as much as 3.3'. A protective external lens coating helps to repel dust, water, and oil to ensure obstruction-free viewing. For longer glassing sessions, these binoculars are tripod mountable with an optional adapter.
- 10x magnification
- 43mm objective lenses
- BAK4 roof prism optical path
- Anti-reflection fully multi-coated optics
- Extra-low dispersion (ED) glass reduces chromatic aberration for sharper images with accurate color
- Phase-corrected prisms produce high-contrast images with true color rendition
- Hybrid aspherical lens elements correct for spherical aberrations to reduce distortion at the edges of the lenses and correct for astigmatism that can prevent sharp focusing
- 315.0' field of view at 1000 yards
- 60° wide angle of view
Use and Handling
- Closed-bridge configuration
- Large knurled center focus wheel
- Right eye diopter adjustment
- 17mm eye relief, 4.3mm exit pupil
- Twist-up eyecups for use with or without eyewear
- Tripod mountable with optional adapter
- Lightweight and durable magnesium-alloy housing
- Rubberized armoring protects against impacts and provides slip-resistant grip
- Nitrogen-filled fogproof and submersible to 3.3' (1m)
- Internal focusing system helps to maintain waterproof seals
- Dust/water/grease-repellent coatings keep the optical surfaces clean