The 50087 from MuxLab is a digital audio format converter offering simple setup and operation for converting between digital optical and coaxial formats in home theater, personal studios, and recording studios. It converts an optical TOSLINK or digital coaxial input to two simultaneously active digital outputs (optical and coaxial). It has digital coaxial (S/PDIF) and optical (TOSLINK ) inputs and outputs, and supports up to 24-bit / 96 kHz resolution.
It works with an uncompressed 2-channel PCM (pulse code modulation) S/PDIF signal and compressed surround formats. There are no parameters to configure; simply make the necessary connections (one optical TOSLINK cable included), then power on the unit via the supplied 5 VDC power supply.
- Converts digital audio formats: TOSLINK optical to digital coaxial or digital coaxial to TOSLINK optical
- Up to 24-bit / 96 kHz resolution
- Both outputs are simultaneously active regardless of which input is used
- Supports uncompressed stereo PCM signal (S/PDIF)
- Supports compressed 5.1/7.1 surround formats such as Dolby Digital Plus, Dolby Digital 5.1, Dolby True HD, DTS, and DTS-HD
- Includes power supply and TOSLINK optical cable