The Roland EC-10 Electronic Layered Cajon is a unique, versatile instrument that combines an authentic acoustic cajon with electronic percussion technology, letting you blend a range of complementary electronic sounds with the cajon voice. From traditional percussion instruments like tambourine and shaker, to acoustic snare, electronic drums, sound effects, and more, the EC-10 allows cajon players to easily enhance their music with layered electronic sounds.
The EC-10 features a total of 30 built-in electronic kits. Great for spicing up singer/songwriter gigs with layered acoustic-type sounds like the djembe, it also allows you to add backing beats with an acoustic or TR-808 snare, or bring in some low-end thump with an electronic kick. Studio-optimized cajon sounds are also on hand to enhance the acoustic cajon voice for more depth, dimension, and punch.
Designed to be easy to use, the EC-10 also features intuitive panel controls for kit selection, level control, and head/edge balance, and is completely self-contained with battery power and onboard amplification.
- Standard cajon size (50 x 30 x 30cm), with quality playing surface made of sapele wood
- 30 built-in electronic kits for layering with acoustic cajon sounds
- Each kit includes two independent sounds that can be triggered from the head and edge of the playing surface
- Versatile selection of acoustic and electronic percussion sounds to support a wide range of music styles
- Also includes studio-optimized cajon sounds to enhance the instrument’s acoustic sound, providing additional depth and punch while performing
- Intuitive panel controls for kit selection, level control, head/edge balance, and more
- Integrated amplifier and coaxial speaker
- Up to 12 hours of continuous playing time with six AA-size batteries