A sleek and now connected DSLR for all, the black Nikon D3400 is designed to produce better image quality than your smartphone, yet work seamlessly with your mobile devices for sharing your memories. Utilizing a DX-format 24.2MP CMOS sensor and EXPEED 4 image processor, this camera provides a native sensitivity range from ISO 100-25600 to suit working in a variety of lighting conditions, and the sensor and processor combination also provides a 5 fps continuous shooting rate as well as Full HD 1080p video recording at 60 fps. The sensor's design also omits an optical low-pass filter in order to achieve greater sharpness and resolution from both photos and videos.
Beyond image creation, the D3400 also features SnapBridge, which utilizes Bluetooth connectivity, for wireless sharing of images to your mobile device, including automatic sharing of 2MP images between the camera and your mobile device. The lightweight camera body incorporates a 3.0" 921k-dot LCD screen for live view monitoring and image review and, catering to first-time DSLR owners, the D3400 also features a helpful Guide Mode to aid in achieving specific photographic looks or techniques, such as how to produce shallow depth of field imagery in a helpful, step-by-step manner. Ten different Special Effects are also available in-camera to creatively refine the look of both stills and movies.
A built-in pop-up flash is also available for additional illumination when working in low-light conditions and supports Nikon's i-TTL flash metering system. A hot shoe can be used, too, for connection and optional external flash for even greater lighting control.
- A helpful Guide Mode is available to aid in becoming acquainted with the D3400 through a series of step-by-step tutorials.
- A range of Special Effects are available to creatively refine the look of imagery in-camera, and include Night Vision, Super Vivid, Pop, Photo Illustration, Toy Camera Effect, Miniature Effect, Selective Color, Silhouette, High Key, and Low Key.
- The included EN-EL14a lithium-ion battery provides approximately 1200 shots per charge.
- Picture Control modes can be directly accessed via a dedicated button and allow you to set predefined looks to imagery in-camera, and include Landscape, Monochrome, Neutral, Portrait, Standard, Vivid, and user-customizable settings.
- Active D-Lighting helps to preserve both highlight and shadow details when working in contrast-rich scenarios, such as backlit lighting. Utilizing the EXPEED 4 processor's power, a more controlled image will be produced with brightness values closer to how they are naturally seen. This mode is suitable for working with moving subjects.
- Scene Auto Selector is an automatic mode that intelligently identifies your subject and shooting scenario, selects a proper Scene Mode to apply, and adjusts exposure settings to best render the scene at hand.
- Scene Modes: Auto, Auto (Flash Off), Child, Close-up, Landscape, Night Portrait, Portrait, and Sports.
- In-Camera Image Editing features: Color Outline, Color Sketch, D-Lighting, Distortion Control, Filter Effects, Fisheye, Image Overlay, Miniature Effect, Monochrome, NEF (RAW) Processing, Painting, Perspective Control, Photo Illustration, Quick Retouch, Red-Eye Correction, Resize, Selective Color, Straighten, and Trim.
- Language support: Arabic, Bengali, Brazilian Portuguese, Chinese (Simplified and Traditional), Czech, Danish, Dutch, English, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Marathi, Norwegian, Persian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Spanish, Swedish, Tamil, Telugu, Thai, Turkish, Ukrainian, and Vietnamese.