The most versatile of the ALEXA SXT digital cinema cameras, the ARRI ALEXA SXT Plus Camera Body (LDS PL) features built-in, wireless camera and lens control, tilt and roll sensors, a fourth monitor-out port, and a third RS/accessory connector. Wireless lens and camera control is increasingly popular, and the SXT Plus saves time on set by enabling you to plug lens motors directly into the camera, no motor control box is needed.
The SXT Plus is compatible with ARRI controllers like the WCU-4, as well as with the cmotion hand units. The integrated wireless control also eliminates the weight of a motor controller from your camera rig. The built-in tilt and roll sensors are viewed as an electronic horizon in the EVF by the operator, and the information is stored in your recording metadata for VFX and shot-matching uses.
Record in UHD 4K, Cine 4K, 2K, or HD with 16-bit processing for sharp, natural-looking images. The ALEXA SXT Plus provides an array of recording format choices in ARRIRAW and ProRes including 6:5 and 8:9 anamorphic modes (with SUP 3.0). With a base sensitivity of EI 800, and a dynamic range of 14-plus stops, your footage is effectively future-proofed for compatibility with HDR displays. The ALEXA SXT Plus' Wide Color Gamut exceeds current display standards, and is compatible with the Rec 2020 color space. Full-image frame rates up to 120 fps enable capture for higher-clarity HFR (High Frame Rate) projects.
The ALEXA SXT Plus' improved image-processing system includes the ability to "bake-in" 3D LUTs at capture, a mild noise reduction feature (ANR), and a pixel correction function. ARRIRAW recording is optimized for VFX and archival capture, with uncompressed data available for sculpting with today and tomorrow's latest post-production processing. The look management architecture has been updated with the new ARRI Color Tool (ACT) and ARRI Look File (ALF-2), offering the ability to maintain your look from prep to post with on-set grading. Look files are stored in your recordings' metadata, enabling the automatic application of your on-set look to dailies, proxies, and editing files using popular NLE systems.
User-friendly features include the ability to apply customized settings to each of the ALEXA SXT Plus' outputs (EVF and four monitor outs), enabling the director, DP, DIT, or AC to see just the on-screen information they need, in SDR or HDR, in the color space of their choice. Standard and high-speed recording rates are now accessible in the same mode, eliminating the need to switch to a high-speed mode.
The modular ALEXA SXT family includes the flexibility of recording to the current or future media of your choice for each of your projects. Capture options include XR and SXR Capture Drives with write speeds up to 20 Gb/s, SxS PRO and SxS PRO+ cards, and CFast 2.0 cards. Faster in-camera processing speeds, and capture to SXR drives boost the ALEXA SXT Plus' maximum frame rates. RAID 1 (mirroring) capture provides additional data security for ALEXA SXT ProRes files.
The ARRI LDS (lens data system), the IFM-1 filter holder, shoulder mount, and 15mm LWS rod support are built into the ALEXA SXT Plus. A 5-pin XLR connector supports 2-channel, 24-bit, 48 kHz audio. Choose from separately available Gold or V-mount battery plates, or an AC power supply to power the camera.
Excellent Image Quality & High Dynamic Range
- The ALEXA SXT family combines the powerful image processing of the ALEXA 65 with the familiar design of the original ALEXA user interface, producing sharp, natural-looking footage.
- A base sensitivity of EI 800 with a dynamic range of 14 plus stops effectively future-proofs your output for compatibility with HDR displays.
- The ALEXA SXT records in a WCG (Wide Color Gamut) exceeding current displays, and compatible with the Rec 2020 color space.
- Record up to 120 fps for compatibility with HFR (High Frame Rate) display outputs.
SXT Plus Features
- Wireless or wired remote lens and camera control
- Plug-and-play with ARRI Electronic Control System (ECS)
- Compatible with cmotion cvolution lens control systems
- Integrated tilt and roll sensors with an EVF-viewable horizon, and stored position metadata
- Additional (fourth) monitor output (1.5G HD-SDI), and third RS accessory port
Wide Array of Recording Formats
- Choose from 14 in-camera recording formats, all of which are available in both full-fledged ARRIRAW, and smaller file ProRes options.
- Format options include 16:9 ProRes 4K UHD, Open Gate ProRes 4K Cine, economical 6:5 ProRes 2K Anamorphic and 6:5 ProRes 4K Cine Anamorphic, the VFX-friendly 4:3 ProRes 2.8K, the high-res Open Gate ProRes 3.4K, and the versatile 16:9 ARRIRAW 3.2K.
- The ALEXA's tall sensor is sized almost the same as 35mm film, enabling anamorphic lenses to maintain their native fields of view.
- The ALEXA SXT'S efficient 6:5 sensor mode is equivalent to 1.194:1 image area, the same as half of the classic 2.39:1 CinemaScope aspect ratio. Use this mode to capture only the image area needed for a 2.39 output, with higher frame rates, higher ProRes resolutions, and fewer steps in post than the earlier 4:3 mode.
- ALF-2 files are stored in your recording's metadata, enabling your dailies and proxy editing files to display the same look as your master files. Supported systems include DaVinci Resolve, Colorfront OSD, Codex Production Suite, Pomfort Silverstack, and Filmlight Daylight.
Consistent Look Management
- A new ARRI Color Tool (ACT) and ARRI Look File (ALF-2) enable you to create new looks in-camera. For easy multicamera coordination, these looks are compatible with ALEXA Mini and AMIRA cameras.
- Lock in your look on set with the ALEXA SXT's live, on-set grading in Rec 709 or Rec 2020. Compatible third-party systems include Pomfort LiveGrade, Codex Live, Colorfront On-Set Live, Filmlight Prelight, Technicolor DP Lights, and more.
- The same look management can be automatically applied when using NLE systems such as Avid Media Composer, Apple Final Cut Pro X, and Adobe Premiere Pro.
- Use with the adapter of your choice to record to SxS PRO or SxS PRO+ cards, CFast 2.0 cards, XR or SXR Capture Drives
- Multiple control options including Ethernet-based browser control, and compatibility with the optional RCU-4 and WCU-4 control units
- The built-in IFM-1 filter holder accepts one of eight separately available ND filters
- Use with separately available Gold or V-mount battery plates
- Integrated shoulder arch, and 15mm LWS rod support
SXR Capture Drive 1 TB (Red Collar) CDX-37019 B&H # ARK2.0006942 ARRI # K2.0006942
SXR Capture Drive 2 TB (Blue Collar) CDX-37021 B&H # ARK2.0006157 ARRI # K2.0006157
XR Capture Drive 512GB CDX-3730 ARRI # ---
Sony SxS PRO/PRO+ 64GB SBP-64A-D B&H # SOSBP64E Mfr. # SBP64E
Sony SxS PRO 128GB SBP-128B-E B&H # SOSBP128E ARRI # K2.0003106
Sony SxS PRO 256GB SBP-256D/E B&H # ARSXSP256GB ARRI # K2.0014951
Lexar 3600x CFast 2.0 256GB LC256Cxxxx3600/G2 ARRI # ---