Tele Vue upgrades their lightweight Tele-Pod mount with the addition of a custom-made ash wood tripod to create the Panoramic Alt-Az Telescope Mount. It comes outfitted with their manual alt-az Tele-Pod head, which is configured as a dual-fork yoke mount that cradles your optical tube assembly (OTA) at its center of balance for smooth pan/tilt motion with greatly reduced vibrations.
The Panoramic is recommended for OTA apertures of up to 4" (100mm) and its custom-made ash wood tripod provides a rock-solid platform with natural vibration absorption and an accessory tray that provides a convenient place for eyepieces, filters, phones, and flashlights. The tripod adjusts from 38 to 62" and comes with metal spikes at the end of the feet to improve stability and rubber tips to cover the spikes.
- Recommended for OTAs up to 4"
- Altitude adjustment range from -17° to view below the horizon line (such from a hilltop), to +85 for viewing objects near the zenith
- Smooth-motion altitude and azimuth bearing with tension adjustments
- 1/4"-20 and 3/8"-16 mounting holes on azimuth plate for easy OTA attachment
- Scope stop prevents damage if the objective end "nosedives" down
- Control handle facilitates smooth tracking of celestial and terrestrial objects
- Adjustable height from 38 to 62"
- Custom-made out of ash wood
- Two leg sections
- Large leg-clamp knobs for easy and secure adjustment
- Quick-mounting matching wood accessory tray
- Spiked feet with included rubber covers to protect spikes and/or surfaces