The Digitakt from Elektron is a compact drum machine with an integrated sound engine, sampling capabilities, a live-performance-friendly sequencer, the means to control outboard MIDI equipment, and full Overbridge support, which allows for full integration with DAW environments, including a dedicated VST/AU plug-in interface.
The Digitakt offers sequencing for the 8 channels of on-board sounds and 8 channels of outboard MIDI gear. The unit is designed for heavy use and features high-resolution encoders, durable backlit buttons (rated for 50 million presses), and a crisp OLED screen for a clear and streamlined user interface. Each internal voice includes its own multimode filter, distortion, and assignable LFO, as well as dedicated envelopes for the filter and amplifier section. Additionally, there are dedicated delay and reverb effects sends for each sound.
Like all other performance machines by Elektron, the Digitakt offers parameter locks, which allow any sound-shaping function to be sequenced to any point on the sequencer; this results in powerful effects that are accurately timed. What's more, any parameters that have been adjusted can be undone at the press of a button.
Overbridge is a software extension that allows for the use of Elektron's analog hardware as a plug-in within a DAW. You can design sounds on-screen using an intuitive and dedicated plug-in, use the knobs and keys on the Digitakt instrument, or do both at the same time. Enjoy precise synchronization and automation. Use the strengths of the Elektron sequencer and the software sequencer to get the best of both worlds.
- Eight internal audio tracks
- Eight dedicated MIDI tracks
- One multimode filter per audio track
- One assignable LFO per track
- Delay and reverb send FX per track
- Sampling capability
- 64MB sample memory
- 1GB +Drive storage
- Two 1/4" inputs and two 1/4” balanced outputs
- Headphone Output: 1/4"
- High-speed USB 2.0 port
- MIDI In, Out, and Thru ports with DIN sync
- Overbridge support
Overbridge and Digitakt
- Sample manager/librarian functionality
- MIDI over USB
- Digitakt sequencer/DAW sync
- Computer screen visualization of Digitakt parameters
- Audio streaming of Main outs over USB (time-limited sessions)
- Fully integrate Digitakt with DAW environments
- Control Digitakt with a dedicated VST/AU plugin interface
- Use Digitakt as a 2-in/ 2-out sound card (CoreAudio/ASIO/WDM)
- Stream the eight internal tracks to separate DAW tracks (24-bit/48 kHz)
- Recall all Digitakt settings when loading a DAW project