Available for download, RX 6 Advanced from iZotope is the latest update to their audio-repair software, which is considered a staple within the recording, mastering, and audio-for-video, post-production communities. The software can operate either as a standalone application or plug-in for both Mac- and Windows-based DAWs and NLEs. From fixing common audio problems like noises, distortions, and inconsistent recordings, to repairing severely damaged audio using Spectral Repair, the software can transform previously unusable audio into something usable.
The RX 6 Advanced edition adds several important functions for professional workflows. Previous versions brought in EQ Match, Ambience Match, and De-plosive modules, but RX 6 Advanced goes further by adding De-rustle, De-wind, and De-ess modules, helping you make short work of wind-noise issues, lavalier rustling, and harsh sibilance respectively. Operations previously buried in the utilities have been given their own modules, while existing modules have been refurbished and, in a few cases, broken out into multiple processors: Voice De-noise is now its own dedicated module, with separated optimization modes for dialogue and music; a new Mouth De-click module has been tailored to zoom in on—and promptly eradicate—those pesky mouth sounds that so many human beings find abhorrent in dialogue recordings.
Also new to the RX Advanced workflow is the ability to edit multiple (up to 16) tracks at once. This makes the process of editing that one cough out of a multi-miked, live classical recording easier to accomplish. A De-bleed module is included, allowing you to reduce the leakage of errant audio; you can use this to eliminate headphone bleed, small amounts of cross bleed between mics, and even click tracks. Other new features include the ability to export MP3s, module list filters, and more.
The Process tool works as it did in previous iterations, painting away audio problems on the spectrogram in one of several modes (Attenuate, De-click, Fade, Gain, and Replace), as does the Module Chain, which reduces the number of mouse clicks required for using a series of processes. Corrective EQ, De-clip, and other classic processes have been ported over, and, in a few cases, improved upon.
More of these tools are now accessible as a plug-in; however, some processes are still only available in the standalone version, so RX Connect has been provided to use offline processes in conjunction with your DAW or NLE. This facilitates seamless transfers and keeps productivity flowing. Additional features include high-quality re-sampling and dithering, rebuilding distorted audio, batch processing, and more. A detailed spectrum analyzer detects peaks automatically, and a suite of automatic, intelligent modules reduces manual tasks in the audio production workflow. RX 6 Advanced Audio Editor can be used as a standalone audio editor, a standalone audio editor connected to your host via RX Connect, or a suite of plug-ins.
This download is eligible for a FREE upgrade to RX 7.
- Improvements made to De-click, Deconstruct, De-plosive, and Ambience Match modules
- Improvements made to Center Extract and Find Similar processes
- De-plosive eliminates every plosive from any dialogue track with transparency
- Leveler smooths any volume inconsistencies with an automatic clip-gain envelope; leveler optimized for dialogue using intelligent de-breath and de-ess algorithms
- Instant Process tool is a one-click eraser for removing unwanted coughs, scene-interrupting sirens, and more
- Module Chain can process multiple modules at once, save your customized chains as presets, and execute them all with a single click, enhancing workflow and reducing mouse clicks
- Sync and integrate the RX Audio Editor with any DAW or NLE timeline using RX Connect
- Pro Tools support for clip-by-clip and handles, which preserves the boundaries of clips, allowing for simpler conformation to future picture changes
- Corrective EQ for removing harsh high frequencies, whines, rumbles, resonances, and distortion artifacts, and for accurately homing in on any problem-frequency areas
- Sixty problem-oriented presets across several modules
- Signal Generator creates accurate test tones, calibration tones for post-production delivery specs, and bleep tones for eliminating obscenities in dialogue
- Markers and regions (search) provide greater flexibility for those longer edits, with the ability to perform text-based searches of any markers, regions, and comments in the metadata of the audio
- Turn flawed audio into usable material by removing noises, distortions, and more
- Edit audio with visual editing techniques using precision drawing tools, such as a brush and magic wand
- Salvage unusable material by filling in audio gaps instantly with Spectral Repair
- Seamlessly integrates with audio- or video-editing software, both as a standalone application or plug-in
- EQ Match allows for quickly learning the EQ of a source audio clip and applying that EQ curve to a target audio clip, enabling sonic balance and smooth transitions between multiple audio sources with different EQ qualities
- Ambience Match for matching the environment noise of two different audio recordings
- Learn the ambient noise from a source audio clip and apply it to another audio clip, and create long sections of constant ambient noise to insert under inconsistent dialogue recordings
- Loudness module processes whole program mixes or segments to comply with international industry standards, ensuring mixes never fail network specifications
- High-quality resampling using the SRC sample-rate conversion algorithm
- Reduce bit resolution for final delivery of a project without sacrificing quality with the MBIT+ Dither algorithm
- Rebuild distorted audio caused by analog and digital overload, and get through projects faster with the automatic Suggest feature
- Spectrum Analyzer delivers a detailed spectral display that detects peaks automatically
- Adaptive Hum Removal notches out fundamental hum frequencies that may change over time, like when recording a shot in multiple locations
- Non-destructive Clip Gain allows for easily adjusting and balancing the volume of vocals and instrumentals
- Export marker regions as files
- Metadata display (see ID3 tags and broadcast WAV metadata like source timecode, etc.)
- Time-reverse audio
- Updated timeline ruler that displays original recorded source timecode
- Movable tabs
- Full-screen support for Mac