The ASUS TUF X299 Mark 1 LGA 2066 ATX Motherboard comes equipped with an LGA 2066 socket and Intel X299 chipset, so you can build a Windows 10 system running on an Intel Core X-series processor. The TUF-series motherboard is armed with Thermal Armor and TUF Fortifier as well as high-grade components, Dust Defenders, and SafeSlots to maximize the lifespan of your system. In addition, this motherboard has two Gigabit Ethernet ports along with two USB 3.1 ports with 10 Gb/s speeds, and one of these USB 3.1 ports features a USB Type-C design for easy connections with a USB-C cable.
The TUF X299 Mark 1 motherboard comes with eight DDR4 DIMM slots as well as three PCIe 3.0 x16 and two PCIe 3.0 x4 slots. The memory and PCIe slots work under different modes based upon the number of cores and PCIe lanes offered from your Intel Core X-series processor. For 2.5"/3.5" storage drives and optical drives, eight SATA connectors are available. You can also install PCIe- or SATA-based M.2 SSDs to the motherboard's two M.2 slots. Moreover, VROC support enable you to RAID your PCIe SSDs.
Aside from the two USB 3.1 ports, four USB 3.0 and four USB 2.0 ports are on board. For audio connections, sound is delivered through six audio jacks, which are powered by a Realtek ALC S1220A processor. The motherboard also has internal I/O headers, so you can provide your system with additional USB 3.1, USB 3.0, and USB 2.0 ports as well as a Thunderbolt 3 port with an optional add-on PCIe card.
ASUS has outfitted the TUF X299 Mark 1 motherboard with onboard LEDs that are easily controlled using ASUS Aura Sync technology. RGB headers on the motherboard allow you to add optional RGB LED strips within your case. Aside from lighting, ASUS lets you easily overclock your unlocked processor by providing easy-to-use software and supporting liquid-cooling solutions.
Intel Core X-Series Processors for LGA 2066 Socket
Intel X299 Chipset
- TUF Thermal Armor puts a fan in the PCH area for directing airflow towards an M.2 heatsink, lowering temperatures by up to 77°F / 25°C
- TUF Ice is a dedicated processor that monitors onboard temperature sensors and fan speeds to provide efficient cooling in different scenarios
- Thermal Radar 3 software allows you to control connected chassis fans, water pumps, AIOs, and even the fans of ASUS graphics cards
- ASUS TurboV Processing Unit (TPU) fine tunes voltages, monitors stats, adjusts overclocking parameters, and offers extreme tuning and stress tests
- Monitor, manage, and control your chassis fans with five onboard fan headers
- Energy Processing Unit (EPU) provides system-wide power savings by automatically optimizing power consumption and offering an Away mode, which shuts down unused I/O controllers
- Integrated recorder logs critical voltage readings, temperatures, and fan speeds over time
- TUF Fortifier is a reinforced backplate that adds structural rigidity across the board to ensure the motherboard doesn't buckle under the weight of heavy graphics cards and CPU coolers, minimizing the risk of damaged circuitry from bowing and bending
- Thermal pad directs heat away from the VRM and other components
- VGA holder supports up to 33.1lb (15kg) of weight to help eliminate sag
- Dust Defenders prevent dust and other airborne particles from entering the motherboard's PCI Express expansion slots
- SafeSlot integrates two PCIe 3.0 x16 slots with fortifying metal, which is firmly anchored to the PCB through additional solder points
- ESD Guards 2 protects TUF X299 Mark 1 from damaging electrostatic discharge
- TUF chokes, capacitors, and MOSFETs help maximize the lifespan of your system
- ASUS PRO Clock II technology extends CPU and memory overclocking margins by enhancing voltage and BCLK overclocking control
- T-Topology circuit design provides memory-overclocking capability by minimizing coupling noise and signal reflection
- TUF Detective 2 app connects via an included Bluetooth dongle and allows you to track information, detect and diagnose errors, or adjust vital system settings from your Bluetooth-enabled smart devices
- USB 3.1 ports transmit data at up to 10 Gb/s
- M.2 slots supports up to 32 Gb/s data-transfer speeds
- Virtual RAID on CPU (VROC) supports up to four M.2 drives configured in a bootable RAID array via an optional ASUS Hyper M.2 X16 card
- Intel Optane memory ready for accelerating attached storage drives
- Two Intel Gigabit Ethernet ports are teamed for increased bandwidths, smoother data flows, and instant failover
- Turbo LAN with cFosSpeed traffic-shaping technology allows you to configure application priority via an intuitive interface, reducing network lag
- TUF LANGuard integrates signal-coupling technology and surface-mounted capacitors to improve throughput and protect the motherboard from lightning strikes and static electricity