The Genie II Tracking Indie Kit from Syrp enables you to create custom motorized, tracking moves with your camcorder, DSLR, or mirrorless camera, including time-lapse. This kit includes a Genie II Linear Drive Unit, a Genie Ball Head, a 39" Magic Carpet Slider, a carriage, and end caps.
Syrp Genie II Linear
Add the Syrp Genie II Linear to your slider along with the included Genie rope, and you can enjoy motorized sliding for precise tracking shots and dynamic time-lapse sequences. The versatile Genie II is also compatible with nearly any third-party slider.
Features include reduced friction on the rope drive, a quick release camera plate for easy setup, keyframing with the Genie 2 app; and joystick, smartphone, and tablet control. Quiet operation and a compact portable design enable you to use the Genie II Linear almost anywhere your travel.
Attach the main unit to your slider's platform, and once the included Genie rope is threaded properly, the Genie II linear can automatically slide along the length of the rope. A smartphone connected via Bluetooth can control the Genie II Linear wirelessly, and when used with the Genie II Motorized Pan/Tilt Head, you can access 3 axes of motion to accomplish more advanced shots.
Future app features will include Bulb Ramping for day-to-night time-lapse exposure, HDR Timelapse, Simple Setup, Live View, 360° Time-Lapse, Multi-Row Panorama, and more.
- Motorized platform is compatible with the Genie II Pan/Tilt Head or third-party sliders
- Reduced rope-drive friction produces reliable vertical motion
- Quick release camera plate for easy setup and adjustments
- Time-lapse and video modes
- Quiet operation; compact, portable design
- Joystick, smartphone, and tablet control
- Genie 2 app enables you to create keyframes for complex moves
Genie 2 App Features
- Multi-axis keyframing
- In-app joystick control for setting start and end points
- Bounce Back (repeat) Mode simplifies interview shoots
- Ease in or out of your movement at any keyframe
Syrp Magic Carpet Medium Track (3.3')
The 3.3' Magic Carpet Medium Track from Syrp provides a sliding surface for the Magic Carpet slider system. It supports loads up to 15.4 lb and is compatible with the optional Magic Carpet Carriage and End Caps.
Syrp Magic Carpet Carriage and End Caps
The Magic Carpet Carriage and End Caps from Syrp are designed for use with either the Magic Carpet 2.6' Short Track or 5.2' Long Track. The Carriage easily slides into the end of the track and includes a brake, a bubble level, and a reversible 3/8"16 and 1/4"-20 threaded screw to attach either a camera, ballhead, or tripod head.
The two End Caps slot into the end of the tracks and have adjustable quick release legs which are easily adjusted by pulling out a lever, without the need for additional tools. The End Caps also include Genie rope lock-off hooks which enable the Syrp Genie Motion Control Time Lapse Device to be easily attached and locked off. Additionally, the end caps have a counter balance wheel which allows for vertical slides with heavier cameras. The Genie rope is simply tied off around the carriage and then thread through the counter balance wheel. A weight is used to offset the camera weight.
- Carriage and End Caps are universal to the Magic Carpet system and fit either the Short Track or Long Track
- Brake and bubble level on Carriage
- Reversible 3/8"-16 and 1/4"-20 threaded screw for attaching camera, ballhead, or tripod head
- End Caps with adjustable quick release legs
- Genie rope lock off hooks for using with Genie Motion Control Time Lapse Device
- Counter balance wheel for vertical slides with heavier cameras
Syrp Ball Head for Genie
The Syrp Ball Head is designed to work with the Genie Motion Control Time-Lapse Device, but can also be used with most tripods or monopods. It has an Arca-type quick release plate with a locking knob to secure your camera in place. It can hold up to 26.5 lb and weighs less than a pound at only 12 oz. The ball head has separate locking knobs for tilting and 360º panning. Cameras attach to the plate with a 1/4"-20 male thread and the ball head attaches to the Genie or other support with a 3/8"-16 female thread.