The nickel Shure ADX2FD/K9N is a digital handheld wireless microphone transmitter compatible with Axient Digital series receivers. It is ShowLink-enabled for automatic interference avoidance and real-time remote control of parameters. The transmitter also features Frequency Diversity for seamless audio in even the most challenging RF environments.
The ADX2FD/K9N comes equipped with a dual-diaphragm KSM9 condenser capsule that captures sonic nuances with superior detail, delivering precise vocal reproduction for high-end live performance. The KSM9 capsule offers two switchable polar patterns to provide FOH engineers with more choices in dealing with varying environments or the microphone techniques of different performers. The cardioid pattern offers solid gain before feedback, with minimal off-axis coloration, for a warm, full sound. The supercardioid pattern offers increased sound isolation and gain before feedback; an ideal choice for applications where there are high levels of ambient noise, or where multiple instruments or vocalists are close together.
The transmitter operates in a single 146 MHz ultrawide UHF bandwidth. It provides up to 9 hours of operation on an SB920 rechargeable battery, with a transmission range up to 330' and a selectable 2/10/50mW RF output power.
With a durable, moisture-resistant, lightweight aluminum case, the ADX2FD/K9N transmitter delivers pristine audio quality, AES 256-bit encryption for secure transmission, and advanced rechargeability options, making it ideal for high-profile, sound-reinforcement applications.
Frequency Diversity for Mission-Critical Applications
- Frequency Diversity enables simultaneous transmission on two independent frequencies to ensure seamless, uninterrupted audio.
- Single-carrier mode is available if Frequency Diversity is not required.
- Switchable RF Power Levels: 2/10/50mW (single-carrier mode) & 2 x 2/10/20mW (Frequency Diversity mode).
ShowLink Enabled for Interference Avoidance & Parameter Control
- ShowLink technology allows the ADX transmitter to execute an automatic, synchronized frequency change in a matter of milliseconds, ensuring clean, uninterrupted transmission, even in the most challenging RF environments.
- You can also make instantaneous remote adjustments to your ADX transmitter settings (RF output, gain, mute, and more) when it is difficult or impossible to access the transmitter.
Interchangeable Design with KSM9 Capsule
- The KSM9 capsule with dual 3/4” gold-layered, low-mass Mylar diaphragms provides a consistent frequency response.
- The mic features Class-A, discrete transformerless preamplifier for transparency, extremely fast transient response, and no crossover distortion.
- The integrated three-stage "pop" protection grille reduces plosives, wind, and other breath noise.
- The interchangeable capsule design allows you to replace the KSM9 capsule with a Shure capsule that’s ideal for your application and simply screw it onto the transmitter—including KSM8, KSM9HS, SM58, VP68, Beta 87C, Beta 87A capsules, and more.
User-Friendly Features in a Rugged Housing
- The unit quickly syncs with a wireless receiver via infrared at the touch of a button.
- Automatic Gain adjusts the mic input level for you.
- The power button conveniently doubles as mute switch, while preserving RF lock.
- Frequency and power lockout functions prevent accidental or unauthorized changes during events.
- A backlit LCD with easy-to-navigate menu and controls lets you quickly access frequency, group, and channel settings, along with mute and lock status, RF output, and remaining battery life.
- Offset function lets you balance mic levels when assigning multiple transmitters to a single receiver slot. Adjustment range: -12 to +21 dB.
- Two transmission modes: Standard for optimal coverage and High-Density for maximum system channel count and robust coverage.
Convenient Power Management Options
- Operates for up to 9 hours in single-carrier mode at 10mW on an SB920 rechargeable lithium-ion battery.
- Runs up to 6.5 hours in Frequency Diversity mode at 10mW x 10mW and up to 5 hours in single-carrier, high-power mode at 50mW.
- Rechargeable battery offers intelligent power management with precision metering in hours and minutes, and zero memory effect.
- External charging contacts allow for docked battery charging.
- SBC220 two-bay and SBC840 eight-bay networked chargers (both available separately) allow for remote power monitoring via Shure’s Wireless Workbench software.