This Syrp Genie II Pan Track Kit from B&H provides you with a motorized motion control linear slider and 360° panning unit. The included medium track supports up to 15.4 pounds and is over three feet long. The carriage features a built-in bubble level to aid in leveling your track, and features a reversible 1/4"-20 to 3/8"-16 threaded mounting screw. The included ball head enables mounting your camera and creating level shots from a non-level platform, or Dutch angles while shooting.
This kit enables motion control shooting with 360° of panning, along with linear motion along the slider track. This allows you to program and control your camera moves from a downloadable iOS or Android app, for creating short dollies or tracking shots. The system is relatively small and lightweight enough to take with you on hard-to-reach locations. The integrated batteries provide hours of runtime to get the shot you want.
Syrp Genie II Linear
Add the Syrp Genie II Linear to your slider along with the included Genie rope, and you can enjoy motorized sliding for precise tracking shots and dynamic time-lapse sequences. The versatile Genie II is also compatible with nearly any third-party slider.
Features include reduced friction on the rope drive, a quick release camera plate for easy setup, keyframing with the Genie 2 app; and joystick, smartphone, and tablet control. Quiet operation and a compact portable design enable you to use the Genie II Linear almost anywhere your travel.
Attach the main unit to your slider's platform, and once the included Genie rope is threaded properly, the Genie II linear can automatically slide along the length of the rope. A smartphone connected via Bluetooth can control the Genie II Linear wirelessly, and when used with the Genie II Motorized Pan/Tilt Head, you can access 3 axes of motion to accomplish more advanced shots.
Future app features will include Bulb Ramping for day-to-night time-lapse exposure, HDR Timelapse, Simple Setup, Live View, 360° Time-Lapse, Multi-Row Panorama, and more.
- Motorized platform is compatible with the Genie II Pan/Tilt Head or third-party sliders
- Reduced rope-drive friction produces reliable vertical motion
- Quick release camera plate for easy setup and adjustments
- Time-lapse and video modes
- Quiet operation; compact, portable design
- Joystick, smartphone, and tablet control
- Genie 2 app enables you to create keyframes for complex moves
Genie 2 App Features
- Multi-axis keyframing
- In-app joystick control for setting start and end points
- Bounce Back (repeat) Mode simplifies interview shoots
- Ease in or out of your movement at any keyframe
Syrp Magic Carpet Medium Track (3.3')
The 3.3' Magic Carpet Medium Track from Syrp provides a sliding surface for the Magic Carpet slider system. It supports loads up to 15.4 lb and is compatible with the optional Magic Carpet Carriage and End Caps.
Syrp Magic Carpet Carriage and End Caps
The Magic Carpet Carriage and End Caps from Syrp are designed for use with either the Magic Carpet 2.6' Short Track or 5.2' Long Track. The Carriage easily slides into the end of the track and includes a brake, a bubble level, and a reversible 3/8"16 and 1/4"-20 threaded screw to attach either a camera, ballhead, or tripod head.
The two End Caps slot into the end of the tracks and have adjustable quick release legs which are easily adjusted by pulling out a lever, without the need for additional tools. The End Caps also include Genie rope lock-off hooks which enable the Syrp Genie Motion Control Time Lapse Device to be easily attached and locked off. Additionally, the end caps have a counter balance wheel which allows for vertical slides with heavier cameras. The Genie rope is simply tied off around the carriage and then thread through the counter balance wheel. A weight is used to offset the camera weight.
- Carriage and End Caps are universal to the Magic Carpet system and fit either the Short Track or Long Track
- Brake and bubble level on Carriage
- Reversible 3/8"-16 and 1/4"-20 threaded screw for attaching camera, ballhead, or tripod head
- End Caps with adjustable quick release legs
- Genie rope lock off hooks for using with Genie Motion Control Time Lapse Device
- Counter balance wheel for vertical slides with heavier cameras
Syrp Ball Head for Genie
The Syrp Ball Head is designed to work with the Genie Motion Control Time-Lapse Device, but can also be used with most tripods or monopods. It has an Arca-type quick release plate with a locking knob to secure your camera in place. It can hold up to 26.5 lb and weighs less than a pound at only 12 oz. The ball head has separate locking knobs for tilting and 360º panning. Cameras attach to the plate with a 1/4"-20 male thread and the ball head attaches to the Genie or other support with a 3/8"-16 female thread.
Syrp Genie Mini Panning Motion Control System
Compact enough to fit into a small carry bag or even your coat pocket; the Syrp Genie Mini is a portable and easy-to-use device for creating smooth panning motion time-lapses or real-time video. It is designed to sit between your camera and tripod and has an internal motor that enables 360° panning motion with cameras weighing up to 8.8 pounds. Control and setup are both done wirelessly using a Bluetooth connection and the Syrp Genie App for iOS and Android devices. To accommodate experienced and beginning time-lapse shooters, the app provides a useful set of presets so you can start shooting right away. A lithium-ion battery provides 48+ hours of time-lapse and 5+ hours of smooth continuous panning on a single charge, with a micro-USB cable included for recharging the battery.
Note: An optional Link Cable is required for connecting your camera to the Genie Mini.
- Panorama mode enables shooting panoramic shots and 360° photos.
- Turntable mode enables using the Genie Mini for product photography for both stills and video.
- Supports both incremental time-lapse motion as well as smooth continuous panning motion
- Max Speed: 360° in 33 seconds
- Built-in Bluetooth connectivity for wireless setup and control using the Syrp Genie App for iOS and Android devices
- App presets to help you get started with your time-lapses
- HDR time-lapse mode
- Ease in/out feature lets you ramp your movement at the beginning and ends of your time-lapses or video move
- 1/4"-20 camera mounting screw with 3/8"-16 adapter included
- 3/8"-16 tripod mounting thread
- Lithium-ion battery provides 48+ hours of time-lapse and 5+ hours of smooth continuous panning
- Micro-USB charging cable
- Can be combined with the Syrp Genie for 2-axis motion control (using optional sync cable to connect the systems)