Building upon the success of the original DrumBrute, the Arturia DrumBrute Impact is a smaller, more streamlined, professional-grade, fully analog drum machine designed by musicians for musicians and aimed at modern indie-rock bands, dance music producers and DJs, hip-hop artists, and electronic artists. The unit features 10 pure-analog drum sounds—Kick, Snare 1, Snare 2, Tom Hi, Tom Low, Cowbell, Cymbal, Closed Hat, Open Hat, and FM Sound—which build on the history of classic drum machines and offer an expanded feature set including high-performance controls and a modern step sequencer.
The DrumBrute Impact offers a wide range of dedicated knobs, which allows for hands-on control over parameters including pitch, decay, tone, impact, and more—allowing for many new and adventurous sounds as well as live performance manipulation. In addition to the single 1/4" main output, there are four 3.5mm group outputs for the Kick, Snares, Hi-Hats, and the FM Sound. Additionally, all the sounds (except for the Cowbell) can be affected by the Color sound shaper, which adds another layer of performable sound parameters.
The sequencer offers 64 patterns, each with 64 steps, and each drum track can be a separate length, which allows for the creation of advanced polyrhythms that move and breathe over time. Additionally, the machine offers step repeat for creating looping glitch effects, while the pattern effects offer swing and randomness, globally or on a per-track basis.
The onboard drum-optimized distortion circuit adds grit and drive to your drums and features a complete bypass when not in use. There are four sync options (Internal, USB, MIDI, and Clock) and four different clock formats allowing the machine to sync up with a wide variety of analog and vintage gear. The Arturia DrumBrute Impact includes a power supply.
10 Pure-Analog Drum Sounds
- Snare 1
- Snare 2
- Tom Hi
- Tom Low
- Closed Hat
- Open Hat
- FM Sound
Powerful Step Sequencer
- 64 patterns with up to 64 steps each
- Separate accent per drum
- Optional Color sound-shaping on all instruments (except Cowbell)
- Song mode for chaining patterns
- Polyrhythm capabilities: Each drum track can be a separate length
- Swing: Global or per instrument
- Randomness: Generate pattern variations
- Pattern looper for beat repeat functions
- Roller for real time instruments rolls
- Output distortion with bypass switch and knob
- Color knob adds tonal variation to all sounds except Cowbell
- Dedicated knobs for individual drum parameters like level, pitch, decay, and tone.
Compact Size / Professional Features
- Smart metronome with headphone override
- Multiple sync options: Internal / USB / MIDI / Clock, including 1PPS, 2PPQ, DIN24, and DIN48
- USB MIDI interface
- Master output & optional individual audio outputs for Kick, Snares, Hats and FM Sound
- 3.5mm headphone output