The Lectrosonics DBu is a digital bodypack wireless transmitter compatible with D-Squared Series receivers. Powered by 4th generation Lectrosonics digital technology, it includes high-efficiency circuitry specially developed for extended operating time on two AA batteries, and offers RF power selections at 25 and 50mW. The pure digital architecture enables AES 256-CTR encryption for applications requiring high-level security.
The DBu features a standard Lectrosonics TA5M connector with a servo-bias input compatible with a wide range of lavalier and headset mics, dynamic mics, and line-level sources. The unit employs high-quality components in the preamp, a broad range of input-gain adjustment, and DSP-controlled analog limiting to deliver studio-quality audio at a 24-bit/48 kHz resolution.
The switch on the top panel can be configured for use as a mute or power switch, or for talkback communication with the production crew; it can also be disabled to prevent accidents. The DBu's housing is constructed of solid machined aluminum with an ultra-hard, black electroless nickel exterior finish for lasting performance.
Servo-Bias Preamp & DSP-Controlled Input Limiter
- The DBu input preamp features a unique servo-bias design that delivers audible improvements over conventional transmitter inputs, making the unit easier to use and much harder to overload.
- The input gain is adjustable over a 44 dB range in 1 dB steps, allowing for an exact match to the input signal level, while maximizing the dynamic range and signal-to-noise ratio.
- The transmitter employs a digitally controlled analog audio limiter prior to the A/D converter. The limiter has a range greater than 30 dB for excellent overload protection. A dual-release envelope makes the limiter acoustically transparent while maintaining low distortion.
Wideband Frequency Agility
- The DBu tunes in coarse or fine steps across the entire 138 MHz UHF frequency range, from 470 to 608 MHz.
Three Levels of Encryption
- Standard: This is the highest level of security.
- Shared: The encryption key can be shared by the transmitter with other transmitters/receivers via the IR port.
- Universal: This is the most convenient encryption option.
Intuitive Interface and Fast Setup
- Setup and adjustments are enabled through a backlit LCD, membrane switches, and an intuitive menu structure.
- The IR Sync port lets you transfer the frequency settings from the receiver to the transmitter for quick setup.
- The top panel contains the antenna jack, audio-input-level LEDs, the programmable function switch, and the audio-input jack.
- LEDs provide red/green indications of the audio level from -20 dB to the onset of limiting, enabling accurate input-gain adjustment.
Built for the Rigors of the Field
- The transmitter is supplied with a stainless, spring-wire belt clip that remains secure, but which can be easily detached and re-attached without tools.
- A BCSLEBN spring-loaded belt clip is available as an option.
- The battery door latches securely to prevent it being opened inadvertently and does not pop open even if the unit is dropped.
Remote Control via LectroRM App
- The LectroRM app (available separately) is a mobile application that lets you remotely control the DBu. It allows you to change the audio level, frequency, and lock mode wirelessly. The app is available for iOS and Android operating systems.
- Operates for up to 5 hours on two AA batteries
- Removable antenna with SMA connector
- Settings can be locked to prevent inadvertent changes from being made. When the unit is locked, the programmable switch continues to operate
- Firmware updates are made via the USB port on the side panel. The procedure is simple, using a menu item on the transmitter and a standard micro-USB cable