The QSC CP8 Compact Loudspeaker with Stand and Cable Kit from B&H includes the QSC CP8 compact powered loudspeaker, an adjustable steel speaker stand, and a premium performance XLR M to XLR F microphone cable. This kit can be used for portable or installed live-sound applications and offers you the ability to mix up a mic/line input and a music playback device for live stage, or as an on-stage PA for intimate clubs and other gigs.
QSC CP8 Two-Way 8" 1000W Compact Powered Loudspeaker with DSP
Audio engineers and sound reinforcement rental houses looking for a compact, high-powered PA speaker will be impressed by the QSC CP8, a 1000W powered PA speaker that’s portable, versatile, and simple to use. It can function as a main PA in a wide variety of positions, with a pair able to cover an audience up to 250. The onboard DSP processing, 3-input mixer, and contour settings with easy-to-use presets help working presenters, musicians, instructors, performers, and A/V providers get powerful, clean, and clear sound quickly.
The speaker provides 90° coverage from the center axis and 124 dB of continuous SPL—plenty of volume for smaller venues including houses of worship, conference centers, performance spaces, and meeting rooms. The highly efficient 1000W Class-D amplifier powers the 1.4" titanium compression driver and 8” woofer, providing crisp, detailed sound with a wide frequency range from 20 kHz down to 56 Hz.
Three inputs are on the back. Inputs A and B feature combo XLR-1/4" connectors. Input A offers a Line input—convenient if you’re using a mixer to combine multiple input sources. Input B offers a Mic/Line selection and a Mic Boost button, which adds an additional +25 dB of gain to the input. Input C features a stereo 3.5mm TRS auxiliary input for connecting portable audio devices including phones and MP3 players.
Individual gain controls on the A&B inputs allow the speaker to function as a 2-channel mixer. Input C is controlled via the A input gain control. Combine a microphone for presentations, or combine a mic, instrument, and backing tracks for singer/songwriter gigs. The speaker can also be used as floor monitors, giving them added versatility.
An XLR Thru-Output is available for daisy-chaining to additional speakers or other audio equipment. All three mono inputs are mixed to a mono signal internally and are passed-thru the Mix Out XLR connector. For a true stereo L/R operation, two CP8s are needed with each to receive independent the left and right signals respectively.
QSC's Directivity Matched Transition (DMT) matches the angle of the woofer and the horn to ensure consistent, high-quality sound across the entire coverage area. The Intrinsic Correction techniques ensure a smooth power response, resulting in accurate performance in a wide range of acoustic spaces with little or no EQ. The CP8 includes a power cord.
At a Glance
- Compact and powerful performance
- 1000W peak power Class-D amplifier module
- Easily selected contours for commonly used applications
- Advanced DSP with Intrinsic Correction for superior sound quality and speaker protection
- Directivity Matched Transition (DMT) for consistent frequency response across the entire coverage area
- Lightweight and highly portable
- Professional appearance looks great in any application
- Use for main PA, stage monitor, or instrument amplifier
- 35mm pole socket
- Default: The standard, factory voicing of the loudspeaker for use with live music, program music, or instruments.
- Default Ext Sub: The standard, factory voicing of the loudspeaker with an 80 Hz high-pass filter for use with live music, program music, or instruments, and an external subwoofer, for example, the KS112.
- Dance: A voicing with low-frequency enhancement and mid/high clarity more suitable for program material playback like pop or electronic music. When MIC BOOST is selected, input B contour changes to “Speech” while input A remains as “Dance.”
- Dance Ext Sub: A voicing with low-frequency enhancement and mid/high clarity more suitable for program material playback like pop or electronic music, with an 80 Hz high-pass filter for use with an external subwoofer, for example, the KS112. When MIC BOOST is selected, input B contour changes to “Speech” while input A remains as “Dance.”
- Floor Monitor: A voicing for a full, balanced sound when used as a floor monitor, giving added stability when live microphones are nearby
- Speech: A voicing (Input B only) that gives clarity and stability when used with either a hand-held dynamic microphone or headset microphone. Input A/C remains on the Default voicing so that music or audio can pass through the loudspeaker simultaneously without the Speech voicing being applied to it.
Auray SS-25S Compact Height-Adjustable Steel Speaker Stand with Tripod base
Keep your PA speaker mounted securely with the Auray SS-25S, a rugged and durable speaker spand fashioned out of steel. This stand is suitable for portable and full-sized PA speakers weighing up to 60 lb. You'll find the stand comes with an industry standard 1.375" mount, as well as a 1.5" adapter to ensure compatibility with practically any PA speaker on the market.
The stand offers a telescoping center column adjustable from 2.6 to 5'. Its easy-to-grip ergonomic locking knob allows you to set the height precisely, so you can achieve the height you need in your particular space. The stand makes use of a sturdy tripod base with nonslip rubber feet for assured stability and traction on a variety of floor surfaces.
This speaker suits both indoor and outdoor gigs. Lightweight at 4.5 lb, the stand folds down to a compact 27.5" for easy transportation and storage.
Rugged and Durable Steel Construction
Kopul Premium Performance 3000 Series XLR Male to XLR Female Microphone Cable (20', Black)
The black Kopul Premium Performance 3000 Series XLR Male to XLR Female Microphone Cable (20') is designed to be an extremely quiet and flexible cable that is ideal for the most demanding live sound and performance applications. The cable is engineered to be durable and provide protection against EMI, RFI, and static noise. While the cable's color-coding affords the ability to quickly differentiate between multiple connections on stage, it provides a pleasant aesthetic quality at the same time.
Premium Performance 3000 Series cables are made from 24-AWG OFC copper wire that's wrapped with PE insulation and a conductive PVC inner shield. A cotton-yarn inner layer helps reduce electrostatic and microphonic noise. The 95% dual-spiral shielding makes the cable resistant to EMI and RFI noise. The Neutrik XX silver connectors provide a high level of connectivity, and all the solder connections are shrink-wrapped for protection.