This B&H Kit combines the QSC KS212C Dual 12" Compact Subwoofer with a QSC Padded Cover to add low-frequency audio to any sound system with protection from the rigors of on-the-road wear and tear.
QSC KS212C Powered 3600W Dual 12" Cardioid Subwoofer
The QSC KS212C is a single-box powered cardioid subwoofer solution for mobile entertainers, AV production and rental professionals, as well as modestly-sized performance venues. The subwoofer features a 3600W Class-D amplifier module that powers two 12", long-excursion drivers in a dual 6th order band-pass design that creates a cardioid polar pattern with -15 dB SPL attenuation front-to-rear. The unit offers a frequency response of 44 to 104 Hz (-6 dB) with a peak SPL of 132 dB (@ 1m).
Typically, subwoofers are omnidirectional, radiating in all directions. This results in a build-up of low frequencies on-stage and wasted LF energy at the rear of the system. Sound engineers found a way to create a cardioid (heart-shaped) polar pattern, which removes much of the low energy at the rear of the subwoofers. Unfortunately, this system required the use of subwoofer arrays with multiple enclosures, clever placement, and processing of delay and polarity to redirect the energy.
The KS212C provides all the benefits of a cardioid subwoofer array, but without the headache of multiple enclosures and outboard processing. The single subwoofer can be deployed in a vertical or horizontal position and features M20 speaker pole fittings in either position, while the 15mm Baltic birch enclosure features a rugged paint designed for long-life and lasting durability. The rear panel offers a LCD control module with variable crossover and savable and recallable scenes, as well as Intrinsic Correction tuning and loudspeaker management. There are two combo XLR-1/4" inputs and two XLR "Pass-Thru" outputs. The KS212C ships with a locking IEC power cord.
- Compact single-box cardioid solution
- 3600W Class-D amplifier module
- Cardioid pattern provides -15 dB SPL attenuation front-to-rear
- Dual 12", long-excursion drivers; dual 6th order band-pass design
- Variable crossover and savable/recallable Scenes for commonly-used applications
- Intrinsic Correction tuning and loudspeaker management
- Refined, professional appearance looks great in any application
- Rugged painted wood enclosure for long life and lasting durability
- Deployment in either vertical or horizontal positions with M20 speaker pole fittings in either position
- Optional KS-LOC security cover prevents unauthorized tampering of controls
- Complete EASE & CAD information available online
- Limited 6-year warranty
QSC Padded Cover for KS212C 12" Cardioid Subwoofer
This Padded Cover from QSC is intended to protect your KS212C 12" cardioid subwoofer during transport. It is fashioned from a weather-resistant, nylon/cordura material.