This B&H Kit combines a pair of JBL 305P MkII Powered 5" Two-Way Studio Monitors with a passive monitor controller, and two pairs of premium studio cables, to create a professional monitor setup for engineers, project studios, and broadcast facilities.
Audio engineers, producers, and musicians looking for a high-quality monitoring solution will be impressed with the JBL 305P MkII - Powered 5" Two-Way Studio Monitor, a bi-amplified reference monitor with next-generation drivers, offering high detail, precise imaging, a wide sweet spot, and a remarkable dynamic range to enhance the mix capabilities of any modern workspace. The magnetically-shielded 305P MkII features dual 41W Class-D amplifiers, which power the 5" low frequency woofer and woven-composite 1" neodymium tweeter. The combined output of the woofer and tweeter offer a frequency response of 49 Hz to 20 kHz with a peak SPL of 108 dB.
The monitor features JBL's Image Control Waveguide technology for accurate audio reproduction and JBL's Slip Stream port design for improved bass response. The 305P MkII is equipped with a boundary EQ for controlling the low frequency response when placed near a wall, as well as a 3-position HF trim switch. To ensure flexible connectivity, JBL included a balanced XLR input and a balanced 1/4" TRS input, both of which feature dented level control. Other features include a selectable input sensitivity switch that ensures compatibility with a range of signal sources. The JBL 305P MkII ships with a power cord.
- Patented Image Control Waveguide for detailed imaging and a broad, room-friendly sweet spot
- High-quality JBL transducers for optimized transient response and improved linearity
- Patented Slip Stream low-frequency port for superior bass performance at all playback levels
- Dual integrated, custom Class-D amplifiers provide 112W of power for high output and dynamic range
- Boundary EQ settings compensate for low-frequency variants introduced by the environment
- HF Trim switch adjusts high-frequency output to room acoustics or personal preferences
- Flexible connectivity with balanced XLR and 1/4" TRS inputs, +4 dBu / -10 dBV input-sensitivity switch and adjustable volume control
- Engineered to JBL Linear Spatial Reference design criteria for outstanding accuracy in any working space
- Strenuous JBL 100-hour full-power test ensures years of reliability
- Sleek, modern design provides a visual upgrade to any studio
The Pearstone PM Series 1/4" TRS Male to XLR Male Professional Interconnect Cable (10') is ideal for audio applications in which a device with an XLR input needs to be connected to a device with a balanced 1/4" output. Typical scenarios include connecting the output of a mixing board or audio interface to a powered speaker, or using an aux send to route signal to an outboard effects processor.
The cable is equipped with 24-gauge oxygen-free copper conductors and spiral shielding to protect against EMI and RFI noise. The professional-grade cast-zinc Rean XLR connector is field serviceable and features silver-plated contacts, while the Rean 1/4" TRS connector features a molded design for maximum strain relief. The twin conductive PVC shield reduces electrostatic noise, and distinguishes the PM series as the best value in its class.
The 6 foot PM-TRS 1/4" TRS Male to 1/4" TRS Male Interconnect Cable from Pearstone features Rean connectors with nickel-plated contacts on both ends, 24-gauge oxygen-free copper conductors, and spiral shielding to protect against EMI and RFI noise. Additionally, twin conductive PVC shields reduce electrostatic noise and provide a clean signal path while retaining good flexibility for those occasions that demand it.
The connector's molded strain relief over metal shells provides excellent durability and allows for increased protection between the OFC conductors and the connectors. The cable is ideal for both live and studio applications, including connecting powered speakers to studio monitor controllers, or connecting synthesizers and outboard gear to mixers, or wherever balanced connections are indicated.
The limited-edition black Mackie Big Knob Passive is a monitor controller that allows you to choose between two audio sources and two monitor pairs. It can be used in project and professional studios and is designed to increase your workflow for recording and mixing applications.
It features mono, mute, and dim functions and delivers pristine audio quality. Built with the classic Big Knob volume control, it is designed with a passive audio path, which requires no power supply. The Big Knob Passive studio monitor controller is sturdy and has a built-like-a-tank design.
The Big Knob Passive features a download for Waveform software and the DAW Essentials Collection, which includes 16 contemporary FX plugins including EQ, Compression, Delay, Limiter, Flanger, and more. To authorize the software, simply input the mixer's serial number on the website.
- Choose between two sources and two monitor pairs
- Classic Big Knob volume control
- Mono, mute, and dim functions
- Flexible source connections including convenient 3.5mm input for your smartphone
- 1/4" inputs and outputs support balanced or unbalanced connections
- Passive design requires no power source
- Introducing a collection of 16 contemporary FX plugins for use with any DAW. Utilizing the very latest algorithms and coding techniques, the plugins feature extraordinary sound quality in an extremely efficient package, allowing the plugins to be used liberally across a wide range of native computer systems
- Equalizer: Allows you to sculpt and mix your frequencies. With an integrated analyzer, you can quickly identify areas of the frequency range and deploy the configurable 8 bands for precision adjustments. With up to ±30 dB gain, various shapes and ‘Q’ for each band there are ample capabilities for even the most demanding mix engineer
- Compressor: Full featured mono/stereo side chain compressor is designed to be absolutely transparent even under the most demanding dynamic crushing scenarios. The compressor can be switched into expander mode for further versatility along with the side chain with dedicated filter and soft-clip function
- Reverber8: High-quality reverb plugin. Produces a pristine, highly configurable solution that could challenge the finest convolution reverbs, yet be efficient enough to be used throughout a mix with confidence
- Delay Studio: Build complex multi-tap delay lines for ultra-creative results or build classic dub style FX or go further into full sound design mode, crafting evolving and expressive soundscapes
- Stereo Delay: Fast and creative stereo delay with a distilled set of controls that can quickly add expressive stereo delay effects. Tempo synchronization, filters, crossfeed, and feedback come together to handle a wide range of stereo delay effects
- Tape Delay: Classic tape delay effect with tape emulation features such as wow/flutter
- Crossover: Allows you to separate frequency bands for downstream processing. Especially useful in environments such as T7’s ‘racks’ the crossover can be used to create frequency limited outputs
- Limiter: Simple, fast, and extremely transparent, the Limiter gives you all the control needed to tame any signal. The look ahead capability allows the processing to operate realtime for low-latency situations or dial in look ahead for improved processing response on recorded clips
- Gate / Expander: Two essential tools in a single plugin, the Gate/Expander is also extremely transparent and also features the look ahead capability for varied processing response
- Ducker: Essential tool for managing levels of backing music and presenter vocal levels. The tool can also be used effectively in a mix to manage levels between elements—such as bass and kick drum
- Flanger: Spacial time-based effect with the ability to tempo synch the rate to quickly dial in rhythmic effects to match your composition
- Crusher: Reduces the resolution and/or bandwidth of your audio to impart varying degrees of distortion. Surgically sculpt the desired sound with comprehensive controls and clear visual feedback
- Chorus: Quickly thicken up any track for a slick, produced sound. With the ability to tempo synch the rate, you can quickly dial in rhythmic effects to match your composition
- Bus Compressor: Featuring the same processing algorithms as the flagship Compressor, the Bus Compressor is a simplified tool for deployment in areas of the mix that simply require outstanding sound quality and less tools
- Phaser: Using a series of variable all-pass phase-shift networks, the Phaser gives your track a sweeping effect to add movement. Popular for electric guitar and low-frequency sounds
- Auto Filter: Allows you to sweep, resonate, synch, and sculpt your tracks. Use a variable wave shape LFO to modulate the filter to add motion to your sounds