Specifically designed to produce creative selective focus effects, the Composer Pro II with Edge 80 Optic from Lensbaby pairs the 80mm f/2.8 optic with a lens body for Sony E-mount cameras. The Edge 80 is a unique lens, which affords a distinct sharp sliver of focus surrounded by a smoothly blurred background. When coupled with the Composer Pro II, this slice of focus can be moved anywhere within the image area and changed in dimension, using up to 15° of tilt on the lens body. The optic also features a manual aperture for adjusting the size of the in-focus area and has a 12-blade diaphragm to further contribute to a smooth bokeh quality in the out-of-focus regions. The lens is constructed with five glass elements in four groups, and each of the elements are multi-coated to resist flare and ghosting for high contrast, color-accurate imagery.
- Portrait-length 80mm f/2.8 lens provides a comfortable, slightly narrow field of view that is well-suited to isolating subject matter.
- Flat field rendering delivers a high degree of sharpness and, when tilted in the Composer II, a dramatic slice of focus is produced that is bordered by a smooth and even blur to isolate subjects with selective focus.
- Besides adjusting exposure, the f/2.8 to f/22 aperture range allows you to control the size of the sweet spot of focus.
- A 12-blade diaphragm contributes to a smooth, pleasing bokeh quality.
- Lens construction uses five glass elements in four groups, and each of the elements are multi-coated to resist flare and ghosting for increased contrast and color accuracy.
- Sony E lens mount.
- Enables tilting the optic up to 15° to vary the amount and position of the sweet spot of focus.
- Accepts various optics from the Optic Swap System.
- Metal body for improved durability and rigidity.