This B&H Kit enables you to use the professional-sounding Sony ECM-44B Lavalier Microphone with your smartphone or tablet. It includes an ECM-44B omnidirectional lav and an IK Multimedia iRig Pre 2 ultracompact XLR microphone interface. Plug the mic into the interface and plug the interface into your mobile device via the 3.5mm TRRS headphone jack.
The Sony ECM-44B Lavalier Microphone makes the exceptional quality of Sony's electret condenser microphones available for budget-conscious productions, and a variety of sound-reinforcement requirements, such as lectures and demonstrations. Measuring only 8.5 x 14.5mm, the ECM-44B reduces the visual distraction for the audience. The ECM-44B can be depended upon for clean, bright, yet natural reproduction. To maintain its low cost, this microphone operates on a single AA (does not accept phantom power) battery for over 5000 hours of service.
Equipped with the IK Multimedia iRig Pre 2 Ultracompact XLR Microphone Interface, you can easily record your favorite dynamic or condenser microphone to a smartphone, tablet, camera, or computer while keeping your setup simple and small. The included AA batteries power the iRig Pre 2 for up to 20 hours, so you can knock out podcasts, vocal parts, interviews, or instrument performances no matter where you are.
Simply hook up any microphone to the XLR input (engage phantom power for condenser mics) and connect the 3.5mm TRRS mini plug on the attached 15.7" cable to your mobile device, DSLR camera, or laptop. The iRig Pre 2's auto-sensing output circuit ensures compatibility with TRRS headset ports and TRS mic inputs. Plus, the level-adjustable headphone out and switchable direct monitoring allow convenient real-time audio checks. Other enhancements over the original iRig Pre include a soft-touch exterior, numbered gain and headphone level dials, and larger LED indicators.
- iRig Pre 2's new auto-sensing output circuit lets it connect to a mobile device's TRRS headset jack or to a DSLR camera's TRS mic input jack
- iRig Pre 2 adds a stylish, soft-touch finish
- Both the adjustable input gain and headphone output now offer numbered level controls for precise control
- A new direct monitor switch lets you monitor the input signal directly, avoiding latency and letting you monitor in real time with any app or device
- Two AA batteries (included) take the place of the previous 9V, providing power to the iRig Pre 2 as well as enabling +48V phantom power for condenser microphones
To use your favorite dynamic or ribbon mic, simply turn off the phantom power, and you're good to go for even longer—up to 20 hours.
For DSLRs and digital cameras, it makes set up a snap without needing to dive into menus or set up alternate workarounds to monitor the sound.
- iRig Recorder FREE: An easy-to-use audio and video recording/editing app
- VocaLive FREE: A premium vocal processor for live performance and multitrack recording