A revised BIONZ XR engine greatly benefits image processing capabilities throughout the camera system, including up to 8x faster processing, greatly reduced rolling shutter, and more fluent interface and file management handling speeds.
- Efficient sensor design and processing enables high-speed shooting up to 30 fps at full 50.1MP resolution, with full AF and AE capabilities, when working with an electronic shutter. When working with the mechanical shutter, speeds are still kept high at 10 fps. Also, a large buffer memory permits recording up to 155 compressed raw frames, or 165 JPEGs, in one single burst at 30 fps.
- Suiting fast-paced continuous shooting is a blackout-free viewfinder experience, which makes use of a 240 fps refresh rate for fluent eye-level viewing.
- Updated electronic shutter offers silent, vibration-free performance and also supports anti-flicker shooting for working under fluorescent, LED, or other flicker-prone types of artificial light, even while shooting at 30 fps with 120 fps AF speeds.
- Due to quickened readout speeds, electronic shutter flash sync is possible up to 1/200 sec. Even faster flash sync speeds are available when using the updated mechanical shutter, too, which can sync at 1/400 sec in full-frame or 1/500 secwith an APS-C crop.
- Making use of the high-resolution sensor and fast processing capabilities, UHD 8K 30p XAVC HS 10-bit 4:2:2 video recording is possible using the full width of the sensor, offering 8.6K oversampling for impressive sharpness and realism. For easy handling of this high-res recording mode, low bit-rate proxy files with HD resolution can be simultaneously recorded faster for playback. Also, 8K video at 400 Mb/s can be written to a V90-rated UHS-II SD card, or 200 Mb/s to a V60 card, and 8K can be output over HDMI in 8-bit 4:2:0 format.
- Recording up to UHD 4K is possible with frame rates up to 120p; when recording up to 60p the a1 offers full pixel readout and at 120p it uses a 10% crop. Oversampled 4K recording is also possible, via a 5.8K capture area, with a Super 35 crop. Internal 10-bit 4:2:2 sampling is also possible in all recording modes and, if recording externally via the full-size HDMI A port, 16-bit raw output is also possible from a 4.3K capture for even greater tonal reproduction and post-production flexibility.
- The a1 employs a pair of codecs to suit different workflows: XAVC HS, which uses HEVC/H.265 encoding to retain more detail at smaller bitrates and XAVC S-I, which is an intraframe codec for consistent performance and quality at bitrates up to 600 Mb/s.
- High-speed, 120 fps recording also enables 4x and 5x slow-motion movie recording with the frame rate playback set to either 30p or 24p or, if moving down to Full HD resolution, an effective 240p frame rate is also available for even greater motion control.
- No recording time limit allows for unlimited clip lengths and the camera's physical design features an improved heat-dissipating structure to promote longer possible recording times; longer than 30 minutes for 8K 30p or 4K 60p videos, or recordings done at 10-bit 4:2:0.
- S-Cinetone can be used to deliver distinct colors and healthy-looking skin tone rendering that matches the FX9 and FX6 cameras and is based on technology from the professional Cinema Line cameras, such as the VENICE. This color profile offers natural mid-tones, soft colors, and especially well-controlled highlights.
- Affording extensive customizable color and gamma controls, the you can adjust the gamma, black level, knee, color level, and more. Also, users can use the same S-Log2 Gamma Curve that is found on high end Sony Cinema cameras that squeezes up to 1300% more dynamic range into the video signal then traditional REC709, for increased post-production flexibility.
- HLG (Hybrid Log-Gamma) support is also available, along with the BT.2020 color space, for recording within a wide color gamut and, in addition to S-Log2, S-Log3 is also available for producing a 15+-stop dynamic range with increased grading control in the shadow to mid-tone regions of the image.
- Covering 92% of the image area, a Fast Hybrid AF system incorporates 759 phase-detection points along with 425 contrast-detection areas for quick and precise focusing in a variety of lighting conditions with sensitivity down to -6 EV. This focusing system is available for use in all recording modes, to benefit both video and stills applications.
- Fast sensor readout and improved processing also enables up to 120 AF and AE calculations to be performed per second for faster, more responsive tracking and accurate results.
- Lock onto subjects quickly using Real-time Tracking for AI-based tracking on moving subjects or touch tracking for manual selection of the subject.
- Real-time Eye AF, suitable for both humans and animals, also ensures critical sharpness when shooting portraits.
- Dedicated Real-time Eye AF Bird Mode lets you select the bird to be tracked and the camera will automatically detect the bird's eye and track it, regardless if the bird is in flight or still. This mode even works once a sitting bird takes flight.
- Helping to fine-tune how the focusing system performs, seven-step AF transition speed and five-step AF subject shift sensitivity controls let you refine how quickly focus shifts from point to point and how smoothly focusing shifts occur.
- An impressive QXGA OLED Tru-Finder EVF features a high 9.44m-dot resolution and 0.9x magnification for exceptionally bright, clear, and detailed eye-level viewing.
- The EVF has a dedicated 240 fps High Quality+ setting for smooth motion rendering and the finder's physical design has a long 25mm eye point, 41° field of view, and features a fluorine coating on the outermost viewfinder element to benefit cleaning.
- A 3.0" 1.44m-dot tilting screen benefits working from high and low angles. This LCD is a touchscreen, too, for intuitive shooting control and menu navigation.
- Updated menu structure is more intuitive and complements having different workflows and settings selections for movie recording and stills shooting. The menu system also works in conjunction with the touchscreen design of the rear LCD.
- Dual memory card slots both accept either CFexpress Type A or SD-type memory cards. The dual slot design allows for flexible file saving and handling and can be configured to partition file types or can be used for overflow recording. Additionally, both of the card slots are rated to support UHS-II memory cards for faster transfer speeds.
- Accepts the high-capacity NP-FZ100 rechargeable lithium-ion battery, which provides approximately 430 shots/90 minutes of recording per charge when using the viewfinder or 530 shots/95 minutes of recording per charge when using the rear LCD.
- Enhanced 5.5-stop effective 5-axis SteadyShot INSIDE image stabilization system compensates for five different types of camera shake encountered during handheld shooting of stills and video. Additionally, specifically for video, there is also an Active IS mode that adds even more precise stabilization methods for even smoother footage straight out of camera.
- Magnesium alloy chassis assures rigidity, durability, and stability while remaining lightweight. The lens mount has also been improved to better support heavy lenses, and the grip rigidity has been improved for more comfortable hand-holding.
- Extensive weather-sealing, including enhanced sealing around the battery cover, terminal cover, and chassis joints, has been employed to resist dust and moisture for reliable operation in harsh weather conditions.
- Full-size HDMI A port offers a more reliable connection when working with external recorders.
- A USB 3.2 Gen 1 Type-C port has been added, in addition to a micro-USB port, for faster, more reliable tethering support. The USB Type-C connection allows the camera to be charged or powered from the host power source while connected.
- PC sync terminal for wired flash sync with strobe packs or wireless radio remotes.
- Both 3.5mm headphone and external microphone ports facilitate greater control over audio recording.
- Multi Interface Shoe supports working with the optional ECM-B1M Shotgun Microphone or XLR-K3M XLR Adapter Kit, which provide improved, clear audio recording sound by sending a digital audio signal to the camera, opposed to an analog signal.
- Ethernet port supports 1000BASE-T wired LAN connection for transferring files over FTP.
- Built-in Wi-Fi and NFC enables the a1 to instantly share imagery to mobile devices for direct sharing online, and support for both 2.4 and 5 GHz bands also enables wireless tethered shooting support. Also, the 5 GHz band supports 2x2 MIMO for fast communication speeds and dual antennas ensure a reliable connection.
- Bluetooth connectivity allows for location data acquisition.
- Ethernet port offers up to 1000BASE-T speeds for quick wired LAN sharing and remote operation.
- When working over a wired LAN, the Remote Camera Tool 2.1 app now has been enhanced for a reduced release time lag and live view delays as well as support for remote SD card formatting, FTP server switching, and changes to the still image storage destination. Wired or wireless LAN transfers can also occur in the background, while continuing to shoot.
- Imaging Edge Remote for desktop supports PC Remote shooting via the Wi-Fi connection or tethered by the wired USB Type-C port. An updated data transfer control also makes it possible to transfer files from an SD card over Wi-Fi using the Imaging Edge Mobile app even when the camera is powered off.
- Transfer & Tagging add-on app can send FTP setting parameters from your mobile device to the camera, offers automatic data upload to an FTP server with attached metadata, and can perform automatic voice-to-text conversion.
The 128GB SF-M Tough Series UHS-II SDXC Memory Card from Sony features a storage capacity of 128GB and takes advantage of the UHS-II bus to support advanced DSLR functions such as continuous shutter bursts and rapid shooting, as well as raw and JPEG captures. This card is also well-suited for video capture, including 4K, Full HD, and 3D video. It can achieve maximum read speeds of up to 277 MB/s and maximum write speeds of up to 150 MB/s. Thanks to its V60 speed class rating, minimum write speeds are guaranteed not to drop below 60 MB/s.
To help facilitate card usage in almost any environment, as well as keeping your content safe, Sony has built the Tough Series with a rugged design that can withstand drops up to 16.4' / 5m, immersion in up to 16.4' / 5m of water for up to 72 hours, and is bend and dust proof, as well as able to withstand temperature extremes from -13 to 185°F. The Tough Series is also up to 18 times stronger than standard SD media (180N compared to 10N) and features a one-piece molded construction that is ribless with no write protect switch, helping to further guard against physical damage that can affect SD cards, such as a broken plastic casing, a broken data protection lock, and broken connector ribs. Should the card's data become compromised, you also benefit from the option to download File Rescue software for free to help recover deleted content.
UHS-II media achieves its speed through an extra row of pins and while this card has been designed for cameras that are UHS-II / V60 compatible, it may be used in devices that do not support UHS-II / V60. However, bear in mind that this card will then default to your device's speed class and bus rating, such as UHS-II and V30, which supports minimum write speeds of 30 MB/s, or UHS-I and U3, which also supports minimum write speeds of 30 MB/s. If your device does not support U3, this card is compatible with the U1 and Class 10 standards, each of which guarantees minimum write speeds of 10 MB/s. When used in a UHS-I device, this card delivers read speeds of up to 95 MB/s and write speeds of up to 90 MB/s.
A messenger-style bag designed for traveling photographers, the black Nova 200 AW II Camera Bag from Lowepro can hold your professional DSLR or mirrorless camera plus two to four extra lenses, a flash, and several small accessories. Its spacious main compartment comes with removable dividers, so you can customize the interior space to best suit your gear. Both a zipper and an oversize flap with a buckle are used for closing the case, helping ensure your equipment stays safe even in inclement weather. For added protection, an all-weather cover is included to shield the bag from rain or snow.
Several pockets located around the exterior of the bag give you convenient access to small items. The front compartment has three interior pockets that are ideal for filters or lens caps, as well as space for a manual or small book. At the front of the lid, another zippered compartment can be used for everyday items such as your phone, wallet, or keys. Exterior mesh pouches with no closure are also available on each side for small accessories. Finally, a zippered slip pocket in the back can hold flat items such as passports or wallets.
As for carrying the bag, the Nova 200 comes with a detachable shoulder strap for comfortable use while shooting, as well as a top handle for handheld use. If you own an optional rolling case such as the PhotoStream SP 200, you can use the Nova's trolley sleeve to connect it to the telescoping handle of your larger bag. This makes airline travel much easier and allows you to easily carry your cameras and lenses along with the rest of your gear.
- Messenger-style bag fully featured for photographers, holds a DSLR or mirrorless system with two to four lenses, a flash, and several small accessories
- Tough polyester construction, with all-weather cover to help shield your equipment during rain or snow
- Zippered main compartment with small pockets in the lid interior for SD cards and batteries
- Adjustable interior dividers allow you to customize the interior space to your liking
- Oversize lid closes via quick release buckle, has zippered pocket on the front for a phone or wallet
- Exterior front compartment with mesh pockets for filters and lens caps
- Back zippered pocket for flat items, holds a passport or small book
- Dual mesh pouches on each side of the bag for holding loose items such as straps
- Can be carried by hand via comfortable top handle, or via the detachable shoulder strap with a non-slip pad
- Trolley sleeve in the back for use with an optional roller bag, makes airline travel easier
Offering a powerful 76Ws output along with a distinct design, the Godox V1 Flash is an advanced light source with features that clearly reflect the current state of the industry. Compatible with Sony ADI / P-TTL, this flexible on-camera light is distinguished by its round head, which provides soft, smooth light with gradual fall off that augments the flattering output. The head rotates 330 degrees, tilts -7 to 120°, and has a magnetic surface for lightning-fast attachment of Godox's accessory light modifiers.
The V1 is powered by a removable 2600mAh lithium-ion battery that will give you up to 480 full-power flashes on a charge, so you don't miss any of the action. Speaking of speed, the V1 recycles to full power in just 1.5 seconds, fast enough to keep up with your subject. It also supports High Speed Sync up to 1/8000 sec, for managing bright backgrounds and shooting with wide apertures, and the V1 supports front and rear-curtain sync.
The V1 has an optical slave but it's also got a built-in 2.4 GHz receiver, which accepts wireless signals from Godox X System transmitters. In fact, you can control up to four wireless groups in a master/slave configuration whereby settings made on the V1 are duplicated on the slave flashes. Other convenience features include an AF assist lamp, a 3200K LED modeling lamp, and a 2.5mm port for cabled triggering.