The Tentacle Sync TRACK E is a pocket audio recorder unit that brings hands-free, high-quality mono audio recording with timecode support to YouTubers, vloggers, journalists, musicians, and other content creators. The fast, all-in-one solution is designed to be easy for anyone to use, simply download the setup app to your iOS or Android mobile device, and you're ready to start recording in minutes. The unit features a 32-bit floating point recording option that offers extended headroom and eliminates digital clipping, while users making larger recordings can opt instead for the space-saving 24-bit option. The sampling rate is 48 kHz and audio is recorded to your own microSDHC card with a capacity of up to 32GB. Optional accessories like a lavalier microphone and belt clip are separately available.
Video content creators will appreciate the TRACK E's implementation of timecode support, making it easy to sync sound and video later in the postproduction editing process. If you have an audio recorder with built-in timecode and want to use that as the master, you can feed the timecode to the TRACK E's mic input and jam-sync it. You can use multiple TRACK Es in this manner by jam-syncing each unit. Alternatively, you can jam-sync a single SYNC E (available separately) to external code and sync multiple TRACK E units to it wirelessly via the app.
While the TRACK E doesn't output timecode, it does have a built-in timecode generator that allows you to use the app to synchronize multiple TRACK E units together from the same starting point and create multitrack recordings for music productions. Once running, the units will stay in sync, even if they are out of Bluetooth range with each other and/or your phone; you'll only need Bluetooth control to make setting changes or operate the units. In addition, Start/Stop can be activated manually on the unit itself with the user switch.
Bluetooth is implemented for sync and control purposes and can also be used for audio monitoring, though with substantial latency. Playback monitoring is also available via a 3.5mm headphone jack. The built-in rechargeable lithium battery supplies up to 10 hours of recording time and is charged via the USB Type-C port in a maximum time of two hours.
- Simply download the free Tentacle Setup app for iOS and Android devices and get started making high-quality 32- or 24-bit recordings at a 48 kHz sampling rate.
- The TRACK E is designed to be simple to operate: You don't have to be an audio professional to get great results.
- 32-bit floating-point recordings offer additional headroom and freedom when recording; low-level recordings can be normalized without raising the noise floor.
- The 3.5mm headphone jack allows for monitoring file playback in the field.
- Use Bluetooth to wirelessly monitor the TRACK E audio on your iOS/Android mobile device. Please note that monitoring latency and connection stability is highly dependent on the smartphone you are using.
- Timecode support means its easy to sync your sound and video.
- Jam-sync to incoming timecode via the mic input.
- Link multiple TRACK E units wirelessly to create multitrack recordings.
- Simply drop the synced audio into your editing system, or prepare for further postproduction with the included Tentacle Sync Studio software.