This intuitive, haptic-friendly design doesn't apply solely to the camera's retro-styled controls. The camera's electronic viewfinder, which lies in a prism-shaped housing that is as pleasing to the bony orbit as it is to the eye, can now be manipulated by touching the 3.2", vari-angle rear LCD screen, allowing the user to move focus points, select a subject to track, and toggle between display modes all while the eye remains resting against viewfinder. The rear screen is also fully articulating and front-facing, allowing for ease of navigation and operation at high and low angles.
- Dual memory card slots offering flexible file storage capabilities; one SD and one microSD permit overflow, segregated, and repetitive saving options.
- A robust magnesium alloy chassis is both dust and weather-resistant, allowing you to work in harsh climates and inclement conditions.
- Compatible with optional MC-N10 Remote Grip and AR-11 Soft Shutter Release.
- Utilizing the same powerful processing engine used in the Z9 and Z8, the camera's EXPEED 7 Image processor works in conjunction with the sensor design to realize impressively fast AF speeds, burst shooting rates, a high buffer capacity, fluid video performance, and quick all-around handling.
- Enhanced with Deep Learning technology, the camera features an auto mode that analyzes your shooting situation and automatically adjusts aperture, ISO, and shutter speed to match your intentions. With this setting you can automatically capture portraits with beautiful background blur or have all the faces in focus for a group shot.
- Extremely fast 30 fps burst rate with silent mechanical shutter and 14 fps burst rate with mechanical shutter.
- Pre-release capture records up to 30 JPEGS a full second before shutter is released.
- New shutter-priority exposure mode lets you record with a fixed shutter speed, making smooth adjustments to ISO and aperture to maintain even brightness in your shot.
- Matching the camera's high-end photo attributes, the Zf offers a variety of frame rates and resolutions for all your video needs. Oversampled from 6K, UHD 4K video recording is possible with full pixel readout up to 30p, and Full HD 1080p video recording is also supported up to 120p for slow motion playback.
- Internal recording up to 125 minutes directly to a memory card with 10-bit H.265 in SDR/HLG/N-log tone modes.
- Like the Z9 and Z8, the Zf's autofocus system recognizes a wide range of common subjects — people, cats, dogs, birds, bicycles, motorbikes, cars, aircraft, and trains — and uses Deep Learning technology to provide exactly the right focus and tracking for each.
- Eye-Detection AF for photo and video automatically locks onto the eyes of people, pets, and birds, even when they're extremely small in the frame. For the first time, the feature is also available for manual focus lenses, automatically magnifying the area around the eyes so you can quickly confirm sharp focus.
- In-body 5-axis sensor-shift Vibration Reduction compensates for up to 8 stops of camera shake when paired with Z-mount lenses, letting you slow shutter speed an amazing 8.0 stops slower than would otherwise be possible without causing image blur. Additionally, this system also works with adapted F-mount lenses when using the optional FTZ Adapter, where 3-axis stabilization is used.
- Focus point vibration reduction system applies stabilization to the area around the active focus point, wherever it is in the frame, providing precise correction right where you need it.
Covering a useful range of focal lengths, the NIKKOR Z 24-70mm f/4 S is a versatile zoom, spanning wide-angle to portrait-length perspectives. Its constant f/4 maximum aperture maintains a consistent exposure throughout the zoom range and also helps to realize a more compact and lightweight alternative to an f/2.8 zoom. In regard to the optical design, a unique aspherical extra-low dispersion element, in addition to three aspherical elements, is used to help reduce chromatic aberrations and distortions throughout the zoom range in order to achieve high image sharpness and clarity. Both Nano Crystal and Super Integrated Coatings have also been applied to control flare and ghosting for greater contrast and color rendering in bright and backlit conditions.
Complementing the optics, a stepping motor provides quick, quiet, and precise autofocus performance along with full-time manual focus override to suit both stills and video applications. A programmable control ring can be set for intuitive adjustment over a variety of camera and exposure settings. Additionally, the lens has a button-less retractable barrel to realize a more compact form factor when not in use.