By B&H Photo's
Nikon Z30 Mirrorless Camera
Z30: Creator Ready
Compact, connected, and designed for creators, the Nikon Z30 is a purpose-built mirrorless camera optimized for vloggers and live streamers. Pairing Nikon's noteworthy image quality, 4K video recording, and a large 20.9MP DX-format sensor with a specialized feature-set and design, the Z30 is designed to elevate your content and tag along on your everyday adventures.
4K Video Recording and Sensor Design
Video and Streaming
At the heart of the camera is a DX-format 20.9MP CMOS sensor, which benefits not only video production needs but also makes the Z30 a highly capable stills camera, too.
- UHD 4K recording up to 30p is supported for crisp, high-resolution video needs. Full HD 120p recording is available, too, for slow-motion playback.
- Continuous recording for up to 2 hours 15 minutes is possible for documenting events or any other situation that requires longer continuous takes.
- Live streaming is possible at up to Full HD 60p or 4K 30p, and the Z30 is compatible with a variety of web conferencing apps, meaning it can easily function as a high-quality webcam, too.
- For longer takes, streaming, and other instances where you need constant power, the Z30 can be powered via the USB Type-C port.
- Versatile 20.9MP resolution suits stills needs, too, and means the Z30 is a perfect tool for capturing stills during productions or for photographing higher-resolution thumbnails and promotional images.
- The large DX-format sensor benefits working in low-light conditions by producing imagery with low noise, high clarity, and a useful sensitivity range from ISO 100-51200, or up to ISO 25600 when recording video.
- For photographing fast-moving action, a top continuous shooting speed up to 11 fps is available.
- Merging stills and video, in-camera time-lapse production is possible.
- Built-in presets and filters can also be used to refine your photos and videos straight from the camera.
Purpose-built for vlogging and content creation, the Z30 incorporates a series of physical touches and operational functions perfect for creators:
- Compact body design incorporates a 3.0" 1.04m-dot free-angle LCD screen. This positionable screen can face forward for accurate selfie compositions and can close inward to protect the screen from scratches and fingerprints when not in use.
- Selfie-style controls permit changing the focus position and exposure, as well as setting the self-timer, via the touchscreen when the screen is facing forward.
- Front red tally lamp clearly indicates when the camera is recording.
- Special attention is given to audio recording with the inclusion of a top stereo microphone along with the inclusion of a 3.5mm external microphone port for working with an optional mic. Also, there is an optional dedicated Wind Muff to cut wind noise and improve quality when using the onboard mic.
- Steady your handheld videos using the digital e-VR image stabilization, which helps to reduce unwanted wobbles and shakes while recording.
Fast, Reliable Autofocus
Hybrid autofocus system uses both phase-detection and contrast-detection methods to quickly and accurately acquire focus for both stills and video applications.
- Eye Detection AF uses facial recognition to help lock focus onto subjects' eyes.
- Face and eye tracking can recognize people, dogs, and cats, and can lock onto these subjects and track focus as they move around the scene.
- Ideal for product close-ups, the AF system quickly and naturally shifts focus as you hold something up to the camera and then re-shifts focus to the subject as the product is moved away.
Connectivity and Operation
- Wi-Fi and Bluetooth compatibility work with the Snapbridge app for mobile devices, enabling remote camera control as well as wireless transferring of photos and videos to your smartphone or tablet.
- Intuitive design includes a '?' button to provide a clear explanation of all camera settings, there is a dedicated Auto mode for times when you'd rather the camera optimize the shooting settings, and there's a customizable 'i' menu for quick access to your essential settings.
Nikon NIKKOR Z DX 12-28mm f/3.5-5.6 PZ VR Lens (Nikon Z)
Power Zoom for Content Creators
An essential lens for content creators, vloggers, and live streamers, the NIKKOR Z DX 12-28mm f/3.5-5.6 PZ VR, from Nikon, is a versatile ultra-wide zoom featuring a compact design, consistent Power Zoom control, and a flexible focal length range.
Versatile Ultra-Wide Zoom
Perfect for single-person productions, day-in-the-life vlogs, and other styles of vlogging and content creation, this ultra-wide zoom has a highly useful and versatile focal length range that helps keep you in the frame while also showing your surroundings.
- The 12mm end of the zoom range is ideal for gaining immersive and broad field views as well as for recording yourself within the scene from arm's length.
- The 28mm end, while still wide, lets you punch into the scene for a more selective view while still retaining context of the scene.
- Built for use on APS-C/DX-format cameras, this lens has an 18-42mm equivalent focal length range.
- Extra-low dispersion and aspherical elements contribute to high sharpness and well-controlled distortion throughout the zoom range.
Power Zoom and Handling
The first Power Zoom lens for Nikon Z mirrorless cameras, this lens uses an internal linear motor to change between focal lengths, rather than a conventional ring or mechanical method of adjusting the zoom.
- Power Zoom can be controlled using the dedicated ring on the body or via the magnification buttons on select Nikon Z cameras. Additionally, Power Zoom can also be controlled via the optional ML-L7 Bluetooth Remote, from the SnapBridge app, or when using NX Tether Software and the optional MC-N10 Remote Grip.
- Compared to mechanical zooming methods, Power Zoom offers consistent and repeatable zooming speeds, along with silent and highly precise results, for continuity between takes.
- Choose between 11 different Power Zoom speeds to suit your subject and shooting style needs.
Vibration Reduction and Autofocus
- Benefitting handheld use for both photo and video shoots, 4.5 stop-effective Vibration Reduction helps to reduce the effects of camera shake when working in low light and steady takes recorded while walking.
- Stepping AF motor delivers smooth and silent focusing performance to benefit both photo and video applications.
- Minimum focusing distance of 7.5" suits working with close-up subjects and delivering a unique point of view when combined with the ultra-wide focal length range.
- Internal focus and zoom design, coupled with a compact and lightweight profile, makes this lens an ideal choice when working from a gimbal.
- Lens also features a dust- and drip-resistant design to protect against moisture and other elements.