The Tiffen 58mm Low Contrast 1 Filter can be applied to purposely reduce contrast while photographing an image or while recording video. By redistributing illumination from brighter to darker areas within a scene, this filter is useful in helping to balance the tonal range among highlights and shadows. Detail is increased within shadow regions while a halation effect around highlights is created which can further enhance a scene's appearance or produce a desired effect.
This filter has a grade of 1. Grades of 1/8, 1/4, 1/2, 2, 3, 4, and 5 are also available where this filter type's effect becomes approximately twice as strong with each grade number increase.
This filter is made using ColorCore technology, a process that involves laminating the filter substrate between 2 pieces of optical glass and grinding flat to a tolerance of 1/10,000th of an inch.
- Reduces contrast for photography or while recording video
- Redistributes illumination from highlights to shadows within a scene
- Helps balance the tonal range among highlights and shadows
- Increases shadow detail while creating halation effect around highlights
- 58mm front filter threads allow for use with other filters
- Plastic case included for storage and transport