This Schoeps Universal Omni S ST Modular Colette Microphone Stereo Set is comprised of two CMC 6U amplifiers, two matched MK 2S omnidirectional capsules, two B5 D hollow popscreens, a pair of SG 20 stand clamp adaptors, and a foam-lined wooden storage case.
The Colette Series are modular microphones that are popular among field audio engineers and classical music recording engineers. These analog microphone systems are based on the modular CMC 6U preamplifier and interchangeable MK series capsules. The capsules provide wide, linear frequency response curves and superior audio quality.
The MK 2S capsule features a slight high-frequency rise to compensate for losses at moderate recording distances. This all-purpose capsule is perfect for capturing low-frequency information and room sound when recording music and vocals. It is also recommended for outdoor recording if directivity is not required.
Matched Stereo Pair
- This stereo package features a pair of CMC 6U preamplifiers and MK 2 S omnidirectional capsules.
- To ensure accurate stereo capturing in any application, the amplifier bodies have sequential serial numbers and the capsules are factory-matched for frequency response and sensitivity.
- The CMC 6U is designed to be used with any of the Schoeps Colette Series modular capsules. The capsules provide various polar patterns and frequency response curves.
MK 2S Omnidirectional Capsule Features
- Omnidirectional pattern.
- Slight high-frequency rise to compensate for losses at moderate recording distances.
- Emphasizes frontal sound incidence, with only a slight roll-off of high frequencies off axis and in the reverberant sound field.
- Ideal for a wide range of recording applications.
- Often preferred for "spaced microphone" stereo pickup and "Decca Tree" arrangements.
Superior Sound Characteristics
- The superior quality of the capsule and preamplifier result in detailed, pristine audio quality with exceptionally low noise floor.
- The CMC 6U modular power supply features transformerless Class-A electronics that result in a flat frequency response with low noise and distortion.