While there are many apps that enable recording using an iPhone, iPod touch or iPad, Tascam's iM2 Stereo Microphone for Apple iOS Products provides you with an external pair of condenser microphones that plug into the dock connector of your chosen device. The iM2 has several recording features that make it easy to use and allow for superb audio recordings -- while its compact size means it can tag along pretty much anywhere you go.
For the best sound placement, the microphones can be adjusted 180 degrees from front to back. The uni-directional elements are arranged in an AB pattern for detailed stereo imaging while capturing the ambiance of the recording room. The iM2 has its own microphone pre-amp and analog to digital converter for low noise and exceptional sound quality. The unit can handle up to 125 dB sound levels for capturing varied noise levels without distorting the sound. The iM2 also has a stereo limiter to subdue loud bursts of sound.
A knob on the side adjusts the microphone level for quick adjustments. While it's powered by your device, it has a USB input so that you can charge your device through a computer or power adapter to avoid cutting off extended recordings due to a drained battery. Whether you're recording live audio, writing songs using the help of an app, recording during rehearsals or gathering sound effects for productions or remixes, the iM2 is both useful and affordable.
- Stereo condenser microphones for iPhone 4, iPhone 4S, iPod touch 4G, iPad, iPad 2
- 180 degrees of adjustment from front to back for best sound placement
- Compact size allows for maximum portability
- Built-in analog to digital converter and microphone preamp for low noise recording
- 125 dB SPL maximum level for recording loud audio without distortion
- Switchable limiter attenuates high-level signals to prevent recording overload
- Adjustable input level control
- CD-quality digital recording (44.1 kHz / 16-bit linear PCM)
Power & Charging
- Attaches to dock connector and is powered through iPhone, iPad or iPod touch
- USB input allows the device to be charged using a USB connection or AC adapter