The blue 2550 High-Performance Hard Case with Empty Interior from HPRC is a lightweight, waterproof, unbreakable case. It is also acid, corrosion, and crushproof and meets ATA 300 specifications for transit cases. The case also meets IP67, STANAG 4280, DS 81-41 standards for vibration, temperature exposure, and impact. The interior is empty allowing you to use optional foam or pack it in any configuration that meets your needs.
The hard-resin shell is virtually unbreakable, and the interior rubber O-rings keep the case airtight and waterproof. HPRC wheeled cases have a smooth, low-profile backing that houses a high-strength aluminum telescoping handle. This efficient design translates into a clean finish on the back side of the case, while the use of aluminum delivers a stiff feel for complete control between the handle and case. The hardware is all stainless steel and bolstered by reinforced corners and hinges. The case also comes with a soft-grip handle for carrying and an air pressure release valve. The case is sealed with double-hinged latches for a firm closure that will accept an optional TSA-approved lock.
The case can be used to carry anything but is targeted for transporting delicate, expensive, and valuable audio, photo, or video equipment and accessories. HPRC cases are used by the military, nautical, police, and many other factions to protect their gear from dust, dirt, water, impact, and corrosion. HPRC backs the case with its lifetime replacement warranty.
- Super-soft yet rigid grip handle
- High-strength aluminum telescopic handle that pulls out when wheeling
- Smooth-gliding wheels
- Meets or exceeds ATA (Air Transport Association) 300 rated for shipping cases
- IP67 military specification is an international standard IEC 60529 that classifies the level of protection that is provided against the intrusion of solid objects or dust, accidental contact, and water. The first digit indicates the level of protection that the enclosure provides against access to hazardous parts and the ingress of solid foreign objects. The rating of 6 indicates the highest level of protection - no ingress of dust, complete protection against contact. The second digit indicates the protection of equipment against harmful ingress of water. The rating of 7 (out of 8) ensures that entry of water in harmful quantity shall not be possible when the case is immersed in water under defined conditions of pressure and time (up to at least 1.0 m of submersion)
- STANAG 4280 and DS 81-41 are NATO equivalents for military specifications for standardized endurance and quality tests designed to simulate extreme situations
- Flammability rating of HB standard, V-0 available by Special Order: from UL 94 Flame Rating System