The i2M musicport from SONUUS offers a versatile way to connect your instrument to your computer by combining a Hi-Z USB audio interface with a fast and accurate, monophonic audio-to-MIDI converter that doesn't require instrument modifications or special pickups. Optimized for guitar and bass, it allows musicians to capture their instrument in high-quality audio—and to access sounds previously available only to keyboard players—for recording or performing live using their preferred instrument.
The i2M's audio interface features a Hi-Z input circuitry and a pre-amp with adjustable gain, designed to accommodate a wide variety of musical instruments without tone degradation. The interface captures audio at up to 16-bit /48 kHz resolution, which can then be recorded into your favorite DAW or used live through amp simulators.
The fast-tracking, low-latency MIDI converter provides robust note detection that minimizes wrong notes and allows for accurate MIDI pitch-bend or chromatic mode. It features a flexible architecture with six zones, each with configurable pitch-bend, MIDI channel, transpose, and other parameters.
Compact and lightweight (at 1.4 oz), the i2M musicport easily fits in your pocket. Quick to set up with plug-and-play functionality, the unit is USB bus-powered and compatible with Mac, Windows, iOS, or Linux systems.
- Fast, accurate, monophonic audio-to-MIDI converter—optimized for guitar, 4-string bass, and 5-string bass—but also works with most musical instruments including wind instruments and the human voice
- Hi-Z USB audio interface
- Musical instruments can be used as a solo MIDI instrument
- No instrument modifications or special pickups required
- Robust note detection—minimizes wrong notes
- Low latency and fast tracking
- Accurate MIDI pitch-bend and chromatic mode
- Compact, lightweight, and portable
- USB bus-powered (no power supply required)
- Mac, Windows, iOS, Linux
- Future-proof upgradeable firmware
- Includes USB cable (3.3')
USB Audio Interface
- High-impedance (Hi-Z) audio input circuit prevents degradation of instrument tone
- Input pre-amp with adjustable gain accommodates a wide variety of musical instruments
- High-quality 16-bit / 44·1 kHz (CD quality), 16-bit / 48 kHz (DVD quality) digital audio—can be recorded into your favorite audio application or used live through amp simulators
- ASIO driver (Windows only) is available separately as a free download—provides low-latency audio and features the unique ability to use any other audio device (even other ASIO devices) as the output audio device, so you can hear everything you do in real time
Flexible MIDI Architecture
- Flexible and powerful MIDI-converter architecture with 6 zones (splits), each with configurable pitch bend, MIDI channel, transpose, and other parameters
- MIDI can be sent on up to 6 MIDI channels simultaneously, with each zone independently configurable
- 4 operating modes affect how the MIDI conversion behaves
- Optimized to further minimize latency by intelligently managing data packets and avoiding the inherent delays in the traditional MIDI hardware protocol
Desktop Editor Software
- Customize each of the four MIDI operating modes to your specific needs, and exchange these settings with other i2M users
- Four presets can be stored on the i2M, so you can switch between these without requiring the Desktop Editor software
- Desktop Editor software is available separately as a free download