Impressively clever in its design, the Sony C-100 condenser microphone uses two capsules in a two-way configuration to effectively capture immense bandwidth from 20 Hz to 50 kHz with transparent, uncolored accuracy. The 1" true condenser capsule handles frequencies from 20 Hz to 25 kHz while the secondary 0.7" electret condenser capsule takes the 25 kHz to 50 kHz range, making the C-100 compliant Hi-Res Audio standards and a stellar tool for detailed recording of vocals and full-spectrum instrument sounds.
The C-100 microphone features three selectable polar patterns— cardioid, figure-8, and omnidirectional—to allow great versatility in the studio. Onboard switches are provided for a low-cut filter (helps control rumble and proximity effect) and a -10 dB pad (raises the maximum SPL to accommodate louder signals without distorting). The C-100 borrows the noise elimination structure used in the legendary C-800G to prevent acoustic vibration and yield low noise. Additional isolation from vibration is provided by the included shockmount. The mic also comes with a windscreen, mic stand adapter, and carrying case.
Wide Frequency Response
Three Polar Patterns
Features at a Glance
- Dual diaphragms (1" condenser and 0.7" electret condenser) handle different frequency ranges
- 20 Hz to 50 kHz frequency response
- Cardioid, omnidirectional, and figure-8 polar patterns
- Switchable low-cut filter and pad
- XLR 3-pin output connector
- 48V phantom powered
- Includes shockmount, 3/8 to 5/8" stand adapter, foam windscreen, and carrying case