A flexible tool for handling a wealth of photo editing tasks, Affinity Photo from Serif is a versatile post-production application offering non-destructive editing capabilities along with a rich tool-set. Utilizing a layer-based workflow, unlimited layers can be used in a non-destructive manner for making complex composites, stitched panoramas, and for creatively enhancing images with Live Filter Layers. Raw file processing is also possible, with full 16-bit color support and a host of development tools for fine-tuning raw images. Adobe Photoshop and HEIF file types are also supported, along with the ability to import .abr brushes into the expansive and customizable brush library. Also supported is HDR and focus stacking compositing for extending both your tonal range and depth of field. Additionally, Affinity Photo's enhanced processing capabilities make it suitable for working with ultra-high-resolution images and multi-layered files with fast, fluent performance and editing speeds.
Performance and Power
- Enhanced processing capabilities afford impressively fast performance to suit editing high-resolution files over 100MP as well as working with an infinite number of layers.
- Smooth panning and zoom actions are rendered at up to 60 fps.
- In addition to standard file types, HEIF files, 12- and 16-bit CMYK TIFF files, and Adobe's PSD and PSB file types are also supported.
- End-to-end 32-bit workflow is ideal for HDR editing as well as textures, renders, and other exports from 3D software.
- Batch processing helps to expedite repetitive edits or tasks when working with large groups of images.
- Supports OpenEXR and radiance HDR files, importing OpenColorIO configuration files, and HDR/EDR monitor types.
- Full compatibility with both Mac and Windows operating systems, as well as iOS support for editing on an iPad.
- Support for pen, dial, and touchscreen interfaces.
Refined Adjustments and Retouching
- Images can be enhanced using a suite of tools, including levels, curves, black and white, white balance, hue/saturation/luminance, and shadows and highlights, as well as several other non-destructive adjustment functions.
- Skin can be retouched and smoothed using a dedicated frequency separation function.
- Dedicated dodging, burning, cloning, patching, and blemish removal tools.
- Integrated liquify workspace for sculpting and modifying image elements.
- Unique inpainting brush easily removes unwanted objects.
Live Filter Layers and Compositing Tools
- Creative effects, like blurs, lighting looks, distortion, and perspective corrections, can be applied as non-destructive live filter layers, allowing you to erase away from them, mask them, reorder them in the layer stack, or adjust parameters at any time.
- Live filter layers can be applied to single-layer images or to multiple layer, stacked images.
- Maintains full-resolution preview at all times for greater editing accuracy.
- Unlimited layer support for making advanced and complex image compositions.
- Layers can be grouped, clipped, masked, and blended together for refined control over effects.
- Vector and text tools can be used to add additional graphics and type to photographs.
Raw File Development
- Support for raw files is available, along with the ability to edit up to 16-bit files end-to-end to maintain full color and tonal fidelity.
- Dedicate lens corrections can be used to reduce unwanted vignetting, distortions, and aberrations.
- Simple adjustment over exposure, black point, white balance, and other image settings.
- Histogram feature for easily determining highlight, shadow, and mid-tone clipping.
- Exif data can be viewed and edited.
- Advanced noise reduction and hot pixel removal tools.
- Dedicated brush engine offers smooth, fluid, and natural painting performance.
- Expansive library of brushes along with the ability to create custom brushes or install .abr brush files.
- Sub Brushes allows combining multiple brushes for use in a single stroke.
- Full support is available for Wacom and other graphics tablets as well as Apple Pencil when working on an iPad.
Photo Stitching and Selections
- Built-in stitching algorithm helps to automatically align images and correct perspective distortion in order to produce clean, accurately composited panoramas.
- Helping to make a clean composition, selection brush, magic wand, lasso, and marquee tools can be used for cutting out objects, creating masks, and selective applying adjustments.
- Selections can be refined for greater accuracy using paint and pen tools.
HDR Image Editing
- Dedicated HDR algorithm automatically composites multiple images to produce a winder tonal range using either the full bit-depth of the image or by working with advanced tone mapping controls.
- Unlimited source images can be used in order to achieve the desired HDR effect.
- Raw files can be used to produce single image "composites."
- Alignment and perspective correction tools help achieve accurate results.
- Additional Focus Merge tool can be used for focus stacking techniques, and benefits macro applications by producing a greater depth of field than possible with a single exposure.