This Azden SGM-250CX Kit from B&H adds a furry windshield to the SGM-250CX short shotgun microphone to reduce wind noise, allowing you to shoot outdoors without sacrificing sound quality.
Azden SGM-250CX Short Shotgun Microphone (Shockmount, Phantom Only)
The Azden SGM-250CX is a short shotgun microphone that features a shockmount for easy camera mounting and a hardwired 13" output cable with a standard XLR connector for use with professional cameras and recorders. It is powered via phantom power. Specifically tuned to preserve the natural qualities of a speaking subject, the mic provides video creators with a cost-effective solution for indie films, web shows, and wedding applications.
The SGM-250CX features a supercardioid polar pattern and a custom-designed acoustic tube with high-precision, phase-canceling slots that minimize the recording of extraneous noise while focusing on the sound in front of the camera. The highly sensitive capsule delivers a flat frequency response (20 Hz to 20 kHz) with low self-noise and 130 dB SPL, for accurate audio capture.
Handcrafted in Japan, the SGM-250CX is housed in a brass/aluminum alloy case that improves durability and rejects ambient radio frequencies (RF). The SMH-X shockmount with two diameter expander sheets provides a secure hold for your mic, whether you run-and-gun or mount it to a pistol grip or to a boompole.
- Short length and compact design ideal for mounting on professional cameras equipped with an XLR audio input
- Supercardioid polar pattern with narrow pickup —provides enhanced directionality for isolating dialog from ambient noise
- Electret condenser microphone element delivers high sensitivity and low self-noise for clear recording of quiet sounds
- Powered by standard 48 VDC phantom power
- Wide dynamic range allows for capturing sounds at up to 112 dB without distortion
- Gold-plated, 3-pin XLR output connector with 13" hardwired cable extension
- Includes SMH-X shockmount—compatible with standard-size camera shoe slots as well as 1/4"-20 threaded boompoles and tripods
- Includes foam windscreen and carry pouch
- Handcrafted in Japan
A Variety of SGM-250 Models to Suit Your Specific Application
- For use with either a DSLR/mirrorless camera (XLR to 3.5mm adapter cable required) or with a professional camera or recorder with an XLR input (XLR cable required)
- Powered via one AA battery or phantom power
- For use with professional cameras and recorders equipped with an XLR input that supplies phantom power
- Powered via phantom power only
- For use connected to the mini-XLR mic input of Blackmagic Pocket Cinema cameras
- Powered via phantom power only
- Comes equipped with a shockmount for camera mounting and a hardwired 13" output cable with a mini-XLR connector
Auray Professional Windshield for Shotgun Microphones (4.7")
The Auray WSS Series Professional Windshields deliver superior 360° wind protection with acoustic transparency. They are engineered for dramatic reduction of unwanted broadband wind noise and vocal pops with very little high frequency loss, for exceptionally accurate recordings.
This WSS-2012 Professional Windshield has an inside depth of 12cm and is designed for use with many shotgun microphones. It features a specially manufactured open-cell foam matrix surrounded by a layer of 25mm thick simulated rabbit fur. This diffusion technology lowers wind velocity in a controlled air space around the microphone, thereby reducing wind noise without muffling the sound. It also features an airtight tapered rubber base that seals out wind from the rear of the microphone, greatly improving isolation and rear wind protection.
When used on a shotgun microphone, this slip-on windshield is effective in minimizing wind noise and plosive sounds. It is most effective in light breeze to strong breeze conditions (4 to 25 mph) and users can generally expect a 24 to 40 dB reduction in wind noise with negligible dampening of high frequencies.
In addition to superior 360° wind protection, the WSS-2012 helps prevent moisture and dirt from damaging your microphone. The windscreen is designed to fit microphones from Audio Technica, Sennheiser, Sony and others.
The WSS-2012 Professional Windshield for Shotgun Microphones is an advanced solution for outstanding wind protection with acoustic transparency. It fits microphones ranging from 0.75 to 0.9 inches in diameter.